Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > NPOC Car Of The Month > 2013 Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

August 2013 - NPOC @ Japfest 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Staff
NPOC Staff

COTM Staff

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NPOC_COTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: August 2013 - NPOC @ Japfest 2
    Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 12:40am
As a change to our normal COTM and because of the success of the NPOC turnout at Japfest 2 this year, we are doing a Club Feature instead! - This August 2013 feature has many many winners!

Japfest 2 at Donington Park (held on July 7th 2013), saw the NPOC out and about and in MASSIVE NUMBERS Rockon This feature is dedicated to each and everyone of you guys and gals, who showed out and represented the Club - THANK YOU Clap

This feature will look back at the day we all enjoyed and focus mainly on what the NPOC got up to, as well as covering all the other activities on the day. There will be plenty of photos of all the members cars, other random cars and some track action piccies too!

Whilst this feature takes me a lot longer to knock up than a normal COTM one, it's always a pleasure as it's you peeps that make it so much easier. I use your photos and your wordsClap

During the feature, you'll see I have used "actual quotes" from the members who were there. These will be "in this colour"Smile.. There's no better feedback on what we do as a club, as it comes from our own members who attended JapfestThumbs%20Up.

Japfest 2 is a fairly new event on the yearly National Meets calendar and it's only been held 5 years or so now, we have attended every Japfest 2 show and this year we were one of the biggest clubs in attendance and that is all down to the time and effort you all put in - The NPOC is a major player on the Jap Car Meet scene!!

Stevie-Boy: "Had a fantastic day today, so great to see some old and new faces and get back to another big meet. Amazing weather, lots of lovely things to see and great company. Must apologise for sticking my Juke in the absolute prime position right on the main edge of the stand but nobody seemed to mind so it's all good. Loved hanging around with the funny voiced Southern crew today, Shaun, Laura, Sluffy Gaz and Dopey, thanks muchly guys for making my day a great one."

FriedGold: "Great day.  Car was ace on track and confidence is building too.  Overtook a few this time which was nice and pushed a little harder too.  Car held up perfectly though the braked were well cooked when I came in! Blisteringly hot day as well, I expect there are some very burnt people this evening. Thanks to all."

It was an early start for NPOC as we all agreed to meet up before the event and roll in to Donington Park in one big convoy!! The pre-meet was planned for 07:30 and we all met up at the Moto Services on the M1.. This proved to be a popular pre-meet location with a lot of other clubs too and the Services was rocking with lovely Jap machinery everywhere!

Andrew: "Was Hot Hot Hot!!! Was great to see people again, and lots of new faces too, didn't get to chat too much to anyone, as spent most the day trying to find some shade!!!"

p11-144: "Was a great day out!"

Once we were all present and correct, it was time to fire up the Nissan Primeras and convoy to the circuitThumbs%20Up

shurv: "Was a good meet was good to see old and new faces!"

L_wylde: "It was great to see a good turn out at JF2 and great to see old faces as well as new and the weather was gorgeous, although a little hot! I had a lovely weekend! Looking forward to the Ferry Meadows meet now and seeing lots of you there, I'll be in Beatrix, with new shoes on hopefully!!!"

Once inside we lined up and took our official place on the NPOC Club Stand:

dopeygti: "Good day out great company with epic sunshine."

sprint: "Decent day out and glad I made the effort to go! First show in a few years now, didn't really hang around on the stand too long as I was too busy being distracted by 200's and track action, think next year I need to make a proper effort to have a car on track! Was nice to get my dads car out for once though, been even longer since that's been at a show, and was nice to see a half decent turn out of P10's too!"

There was plenty to see and do at Japfest 2 2013 but I guess a lot of us go there for the non stop track action (an open track day for Joe Public)! Japfest 2 does have a lot more off track events too, compared with other car shows. This year we saw some hamsters in a metal ball, riding motorbikes, as well as the drift cars giving taxi rides, we also had some rally cars getting dirty and giving passenger rides all day long too! Here's a look at some of that:

CLASSIX: "A really great day out with some stunning cars!"

Ant-Dat: "Fantastic day, good to see old friends and meet some new ones. The stand as always looked fantastic with a nice selection of Primera's and some non Primera's. Good to see some Primera's on the track. The selection of cars in the show was fantastic! Can’t wait for JAE.. See you all there."

Let's have an individual look at all the members cars on our Club Stand - Guys and gals, your cars all looked fantasticBow%20Down:

markswebpages: "Thanks to Shaun for organising this, I wasn't sure if I wanted to make the effort after buying the tickets but I'm glad I did. It was nice to meet some new people and see all what others had done to their Primera's in the flesh rather than reading it on the forum."

Rocker_Kev: "Ollie and I had a fantastic time. Thank you for organising this, for making us welcome and those who brought me car parts. Really was a great day!"

kitfar: "What a cracking day again, repeated more often than not, people first cars second. Well it was brilliant to see all the folk, old and new. I had some fantastic craik with everybody I got to talk to, thanks guys and gals."

prim-n-proper: "Cracking weather and a good turn out for NPOC as usual! Great to see so many tens together too and that FP0 hatch!"

tomcowes101: "Brilliant day and nice to put some faces to the names! After a few drift rides I'm feeling RWD next LOL. Far too hot and feeling the sun burn now."

Now being a big club, we occasionally have times when our members want to come to Club Meets but their Nissan Primeras want to stay at homeLOL Or even still and a big credit to this club, we have members who used to be Primera owners, who no longer own a Primera but are still very much part of the clubClap I guess what I'm trying to say here is... Members 1st, cars 2nd!! So let's have a look at the other members who were on the stand but not in a Nissan Primera:

ragt20: "Enjoyed meeting up with and catching up with all the new and old faces from NPOC or should that be MPOC LOL!"

leighzx: "Yep nice to catch up. Was a good, but long day. Did not have a chance to say hi to everyone before I left, but worth the effort."

A BIG RESPECT shout goes out to some of our members as well, who took out their Nissan Primeras on track and represented Clap Here's a little spotlight for those guys out on track. I say little, based solely on the following 2 photos! Mainly because the fence appeared to be the focal point sadly.. Anyways, 2 of our members got out there and represented YAY!

Criteria: "Had a great day, got there far too early again but the drive up was amazing! The convoy into the venue was epic, if a bit too long. Was nice meeting a few members but the heat was a killer!"

Every inch of the ground around the circuit was ooooozing with hardcore Jap Metal, Japfest is the biggest one day Jap Car event in Europe. The quality of cars is simply outstanding. Every marque and model is catered and shown here, whether it be classic Jap, track slag or high powered monster:

Maximus99: "Was great to be at my first ever meet! Met some great people! All very friendly & helpful with tips & ideas. What a roasting day!!!!!!!!!!!! Look forward to my next meet! Cheers guys!"

Here's some odds and sods from around the NPOC Stand and some highlights from members cars and a look at some of our awesome members faces too!:

michaelp9149: "My first of many I hope, really enjoyed the meet and seeing all the Primeras representing and meeting some good company, sorry didn't stay as long as wanted but was too hot hot hot! I hope to mingle more and get to put faces to names next meet. Thanks for making me feel welcome especially Ricky and Sue."

trigg51: "Cracking day of catching up with old friends and making some new ones. Had a great weekend."

Mad Maru: "Was a great day. I am looking forward to the next meet which will probably be JAE at this rate."

essNchill: "BIG BIG thanks to all of you who showed out to represent the club!! Your cars looked fantastic and what a great bunch of members and members friends and family we have here! Thank you all for making the effort, seriously appreciated - You all did the club and yourselves very proud.

As we all said on the day and afterwards, there were some issues with this event (the organisation / trade stands / our stand position etc). But that said, I go to all these National Events, purely to catch up with you guys and girls and trust me, I enjoyed that part immensely.

Well done NPOC! You rocked!"

Congratulations once again to ALL OF YOU!

August 2013 COTM / Feature - NPOC @ Japfest 2 2013

Written by essNchill
 Post Reply Post Reply