Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Reverse camera comes on when i press the brake ped
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reverse camera comes on when i press the brake ped

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerrymac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reverse camera comes on when i press the brake ped
    Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 12:41am
Can anybody help me please, when I own a P12 Saloon, when I press the brake pedal , or indicate to the left my reverse camera comes on when I am driving forward. any clues ?
Gerrymac
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 12:50am
Bad earth at one of the rear light cluster maybe,common fault,welcome to NPOC.
Gerrymac View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerrymac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 12:57am
Thanks for the welcome, the problem seems to be in the LH rear light cluster, I took it off and cleaned it, changed all the bulbs , that seemed to cure it for a bit, but not for long,
Gerrymac
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 1:03am
So it's in that area,i can only suggest you have another good luck again and have a really good clean of the pins and connectors etc,however it's probably the earth for the unit at fault,did you take it off and clean it and where it connects to the car body etc ? 
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 1:15am
gazandsue58 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazandsue58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 8:36am
Welcome to the forums, as above normally the earth, P12s are prone to earth faults.
Gerrymac View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerrymac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 10:37pm
Thak you so much for taking the time to answer me, I took off the cluster connecting plug and gave it a spray with WD40, but as for cleaning it where it connects to the car body No, is there a wire that connects to the body further back ?
Gerrymac
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 10:39pm
Have you done the earth wire fix?
Gerrymac View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerrymac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 10:39pm
Thank you Sean, I think finding and joining this club was the best thing I could have done, ( apart from buying the Primera in the first place )
Gerrymac
Gerrymac View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerrymac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 10:51pm
Hi Shaun, I have Just logged on and seen the link you sent me. Thank you so much, I will be doing the repair in the morning and I will let you know how I get on. Once again thank you so much.
Gerry.
Gerrymac
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>