Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 Blank Screen & Heater Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Blank Screen & Heater Controls

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 6:38am
Hi quick question after looking through the service manual I used pin 3 to take the power from as this was described as constant power. However this only seems to provide power when the ignition is clicked to ancillary or higher. 

Can anyone confirm is there a different wire I can use to keep constant power to the adapter. Its annoying if not as it looses the settings each time.

Thanks
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 7:10am
Pin 3 (Yellow) is Permenant 12V
Pin 2 (Pink) is Ignition 12V

Looking at the pic in your first post, you should be wiring to the other plug.
clarkey View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2014 at 8:45pm
Thanks, I definatley used yellow but it seems to lose the power as you turn the ignition on and off as I have to repair everytime. I really hoped you may say pink was constant then I could change it!

Ho hum thanks anyway.
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 1:28pm
The connector you are holding in your pic is the wrong one.

If you connected to yellow in the connector you are holding, I believe it is connected to the immobiliser. Not something you should be tapping in to.

I strongly suggest you check. Imobiliser faults on these cars are not much fun.
Jakoa View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jakoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 9:35am
Hi Everibody,

I am in trouble... (Blank display and the controls doesn't works...)
I tried to dismount the gearbox becuse an old Nokia handsfree kit was connected there (now I saw  that was homemade) and I wanted to connent an other on.
My mistake was to try anything and keep listen the radio, because the old insulating tapes was gone and some of the wires has a short circuit for a second. The 15A "Fuse 33" was blowned away...
I already exchanged it, but the display and the controls still doesn't works...

anybody has an Idea what else can I do?

(I already dismounted and disassembled the head unit (CY100) but ther is no fuse inside, but it is works  (just for info: I mean to push the eject button trying to eject a CD but it is empty) separatetly...

I already removed the connentions from the Battery and made a short on them for 15 minutes, but the problem still open...

Thanks for any idea!

Jakoa
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 11:04am
Check Fuse 1 and 10 inside the car.
Jakoa View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jakoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 11:16am
Imckay...
You're incredible! You can not imagine how happy am I!

Fuse 1 was the guilty :D

Thanks a lot!
Appreciate it!
Jakoa
RdlF View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RdlF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 5:30pm
What do you mean by saying check fus 33 under the bonnet - what is the bonnet??. thanks in advance
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 8:00pm
Welcome to NPOC

The Bonnet is the UK English Word for the Hood (Where the Engine is) Smile
RdlF View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RdlF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 1:10pm
Good morning , I have checked all fuses ( under the hood and inside the car - driver side )and all or ok.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12