Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 02 window regulator limit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 02 window regulator limit
    Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 11:56am
Around two years ago, I had to replace the window regulator mechanism on the drivers window. The new regulator wasn't an original Nissan part. The window motor was fine it was just the window 'runners' and plastic clips were broken. After a bit of scratching and swearing, everything worked brilliantly. Unfortunately, within the last week I've noticed that when I fully close the window, if you don't release the up/down button when the window is fully closed
the motor keeps trying to take the window up further resulting in the motor 'jumping' and making an unhealthy clunk. I'm pretty sure that this wasn't always the case. Is there a way of setting a limit so that the motor knows when the window is fully closed rather than just keep trying to take it further?
Thanks in advance.
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 8:11pm
Best to go over the setup as detailed in the service manual in case something has jumped out of place.
If in doubt give it a clout!
gazandsue58 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazandsue58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 8:48pm
As electrolyte has stated there is a way of setting up the window so it stops at the top and bottom basically a reset.
SDoyle View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 8:59pm
Thanks for the prompt replies. I've had a look in the service manual. Looks like you have to press and hold a reset button on the window motor whilst operating the window up and down. Just need a dry hour over the weekend to try it out. Thanks again.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazandsue58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 9:01pm
It is worth a try let us know what results you get, I reset mine this way after the repair.
SDoyle View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 9:15pm
Will do.
SDoyle View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2014 at 8:02am
I've had a look for the reset button on the motor but I'm pretty sure there isn't one on mine. Strangely though, the motor seems to have righted itself? I did unplug the motor in the process of working on the regulator so maybe it's reset itself? I'm pleased that it's working as it should but for me, intermittent faults or bugs are a real pain as you are conscious of not fixing the fault, just waiting for it to happen again. Anyway, thanks again for the help and replies to my post.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazandsue58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2014 at 7:17pm
Great stuff glad you got your window regulator reset.
carloz19 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carloz19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 3:04pm
the newer ones don't have a button on the motor. Just wind the window to the bottom and hold the button for about 5 secs, then close it and hold the button for another 5 secs. after that the auto function should be ok.
schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by carloz19 carloz19 wrote:

the newer ones don't have a button on the motor. Just wind the window to the bottom and hold the button for about 5 secs, then close it and hold the button for another 5 secs. after that the auto function should be ok.

Typical Renault
P10 Army - G20.net MOTM April ´09 - NPOC.co.uk COTM April ´11
 Post Reply Post Reply