Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera p12 2.2 di loss of power

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moditup1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera p12 2.2 di loss of power
    Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 6:06pm
My primera 2.2 DI 2002 as developed a weird fault, when the engine is warm and the revs fall to idle ie waiting at traffic lights I have to feather the throttle to move off otherwise it will not rev, it pulls well on motorway ect when on the move, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
Moxey View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moxey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 8:12pm
Does the car stall if you don't keep it revving? Is there any smoke from the exhaust?
Moditup1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moditup1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 8:43pm
Hi, no it gradually picks the revs up and then I am able to move off, no lack of power at all, it's just slightly annoying that I have to keep the revs up over the idle speed, it surely cannot be the suction control valve could it ?
franhug View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote franhug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 9:40pm
Hi there. Sounds like it could be the mass air flow meter MAF. I had a similar problem with my old almera 2.2 DI which has essentially the same engine set up as your model primera I.e pre dci.

Fjh
The man from Ards
Moditup1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moditup1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 10:04pm
Never thought of that actually, cheers franhug
Moditup1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moditup1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2014 at 12:46pm
New MAF fitted but still the same, any ideas anyone ?
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2014 at 5:12pm
Is the car regularly maintained/serviced? air ways clear, air filter clean? The inlet to the air filter un-impeded?
Moditup1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moditup1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2014 at 5:32pm
Hi there yes always serviced all airways clear, been on diagnostic and no faults found, checked the usual earth straps ect but all perfect. It's baffling me.
 Post Reply Post Reply