Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 2.2 - Key Fob/Central Locking
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 2.2 - Key Fob/Central Locking

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote champion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 2.2 - Key Fob/Central Locking
    Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 8:58am

Hi All,

Over the past week I have had problems with the one key fob I have for my Nissan Primera P12 where I try to lock the car or unlock the car and it either works straight away or I am there pressing the button for a good 5 minutes before it locks/unlocks.

So I replaced the battery in the key fob, now nothing seems to happen. I tried to reprogramme the key but but this doesn't seem to work.

I am hoping the two new batteries I tried (both from pound land are the cause) but my problem has been that over the past 2 days I have not been able to lock the car.

I found there is a key lock on the passenger door which when I am able to lock only the passenger door. No other car door seems to lock. Any idea on how to lock the rest of the car doors?

Thanks!
champion View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote champion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 9:24am
Can someone also just confirm the correct key fob battery for the Nissan Primera P12 is cr2016?
cxyra View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cxyra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 9:29am
The other doors have a little slot on the side where you need to intruduce your key or something that fits there and turn aprox 10 degres on right at the right doors and left at the left doors.
Have you tried reprogramming the key from the tutorial that is on this site ? If yes you could have problem with the antenna from the roof.
cxyra View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cxyra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 9:33am
And for driver door there is a key cylinder, you need to remove the plastic cap to discover it.
champion View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote champion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 9:41am
Thanks. Yes tried to reprogramme the key but I don't receive any signal from the key fob so I am thinking maybe I have either used the wrong key fob battery or the 2 I have tried are cheap ones from pound land and could be the issue.

I only found the key lock on the front passenger door but will go and look at the other car doors and go lock them!
cxyra View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cxyra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 10:38am
It should be hidden with a small rubber cap the other slots just above the lock mechanism on the side of the door.
cxyra View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cxyra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 10:45am
Do you have a spare key ? Have you look inside the key to see if there are any damage to the lock module ?
If it's not working with reprograming then this suggest that the batteries are dead or wrong ones (it's a guess). Look into FSM for more details. I never reprogram a key or changed it's battery because it's still works and i have a spare key also.
Maybe someone ho confrunted with this problem could help you.
cxyra View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cxyra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 10:51am
The battery inside my key is PANASONIC CR 2025 3v. I have a NISSAN PRIMERA P12 break, 2002, 2.2 di, 93 kw. I don't know if all P12 has the same battery.
champion View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote champion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 4:01pm
Thanks guys! nothing inside looks broken and strangely the battery I replaced was a cr2016. I will try the uprated battery CR2025 and report back
champion View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote champion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 4:02pm
Also no spare key so this is the only option to try
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>