Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 - Earth Fix Crazy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 8:17pm
Stoatbwir

Thanks for this. It's sorted my problem. I'll not need the fix for as much as 7 years though.
Wheato View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 5:33pm
Thanks to you all it seems I have finally resolved a long term issue on my Primera P12., my engine started to miss and the acceleration was jerky when I was overtaking especially on a motorway. It was only yesterday after a long motorway drive back from Cornwall that I realised that it was only with the right hand indicator on that it was happening. Today I have fitted an earth link from the rear light clusters to the body work as advised by you guys and hey presto it appears to have cured the issue, not sure if it’s my imagination but the car seems to be running a lot better as well.

I’m a retired electrical engineer but I would never have found this fix without you guys so thank you very much, who would have imagined that an earth fault would cause issues like this I thought I had fuel problems.

Thanks Wheato
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 9:40pm
The wonder of science eh Alex. LOL Glad you got it sorted. Thumbs Up  And welcome to NPOC. Handshake
Roy
harriperkio View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harriperkio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 3:15pm
Hello, I believe we have many earthing issue experts here, do you have list, location foto of all ground wires which have to be checked out ?
Wheato View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 4:03pm
Sorry I don’t have any photos with a great deal of detail and to take one I would need to remove my rear light cluster. The attached photo shows roughly where I added a short earth link, I did this on both the rear lights. To fit the link you need to remove the plastic cover inside the boot area adjacent to the rear light, unbolt the light cluster and fit 50 to 100mm earth link between the the metal of the light cluster and the metal on the car body. Hope this helps regards Wheato.
Wheato View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 4:15pm
Sorry couldn’t attach the photograph
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 5:50pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12