Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan primera P12 Secure message

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan primera P12 Secure message
    Posted: 26 May 2015 at 6:19pm
Hello

I have nissan primera P12 2002 but i am unable to play any music like radio or cd, and sat nav because there is a message on Display Secure in green (i think) . i read on this forum that i need to download Sat nave update to fix it but i don't know how to and from where i can download free update.

can anyone help me for this issue. i turn on the ignition for 5 hours without any disturbance but it didn't work CryCry
faiq
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 11:32pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake

I don't know where you read the information on this website about the fix for your problem but it is incorrect.

Has this fault just occurred or have you had this since you got the car?
it is either a fault with he audio unit or the connection to the security system or it is not the original audio unit fitted to the car
faiq View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 11:52pm
Thanks for your response on my issue.
I recently bought this car and person told me when he replace the battery then this issue occur.
May be he lie to me or may it's not original system.i went to nissan office and they qoute me about £400.
I don't want to use sat nav all I want audio system start working.
Again thanks for your response.
faiq
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 12:19am
Try disconnecting the car battery for 30 mins
faiq View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 3:32pm
Thanks
I took out the cd and DVD player and find out it's from other car nissan primera 2004 where as my car is 2002. And I forgot to mention that in the starting there is a message turn up (dvd out of slot).
But when I insert cd it says please wait. It's really a headache .
faiq
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 6:38pm
Hi, I find your last post confusing:
If you are saying you have removed an audio cd and the map data dvd and it is the dvd date stamped 20014 then I am not surprised the system is stating for you to insert it, the system is expecting to find the map data. The date on it just means it has been updated since the car was manufactured, you can get updated map data to around 2012/13.
Do you still get the secure message when the map data is removed?

Have you tried disconnecting the battery?
Qosmiosun View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qosmiosun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 1:23pm
Hi guys,

I have experienced the horror of "Secure" message for few days. I was quite worried reading not very optimistic answers on forums. Luckily, one of the suggestions worked like a charm. I have taken the fuse out for 10 - 15 sec and miracle happened. Everything works fine again.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 8:44pm
Pleased you got it sortedThumbs Up
Estyfort View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Estyfort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 12:20am
Originally posted by timeshock! timeshock! wrote:

Pleased you got it sortedThumbs Up

Happy ending, though you've left us with little information: (i) the secure message was what on what colour background? (ii) what fuse are you referring to? (iii) what's the link to your source?
Estyfort View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Estyfort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 12:21am
Oh! My post was a response to Qosmiosun
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>