Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 SVE- Navi Issue; "Secure" Green
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 SVE- Navi Issue; "Secure" Green

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 8:46pm
Well if there is anything in the ESM I cant find it

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-factory-service-manuals_topic29493.html

look at security Anti-theft and NAT and Audio

the temp seems too low, I can understand it staying cold for some time but once it starts to move it should be steady to 11:00, you might want to check the thermostat

ridgb View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridgb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 10:00pm
Oh dear ! Looks like I bought a lemon! 
The engine runs well. Drove over 150 miles with no issues except the initial audio system lock and the air con needs recharge- checked the power to the compressor (Magnetic Clutch)- was 0V, the "Hiissssssss" from the pipes was weak suggesting lack of refrigerant pressure and hence the power cut out to the compressor. (If this diagnosis makes sense- wanted to check if the system is leaky - Leaks = No "Hisss")

So you reckon the thermostat is opening pre-maturely and keeping the engine cooler than the operational temperature? The fuel consumption is normal. I think it would be worth checking the sensors first.

The audio unit since afternoon would not turn on whatsoever. 

Dont lean on it like a Monkey Boy!- Delboy
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 11:02pm
A few on here report the of all places Halfrauds will do a free check  on air con and money back if you have a leak.
ridgb View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridgb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 11:12pm
Lmao! "Halfrauds"

Advise taken. Thank you Timeshock.

Still unsure which way to head with the audio situation. I have fixed the Satnav issue alongwith other minor ones on my mums p12.

But I got myself one and cant seem to tackle it. So disappointing :P 
ridgb View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridgb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 4:33pm
Update:

Problem summary: 
  • The sat nav and climate control worked well even with the radio and cd functionality frozen. 
  • On some occasions , the audio would not respond at all to the key/dial inputs or steering mounted audio remote.
  • On other occasions the audio would turn on normally but after some time would stop responding to any control inputs. Volume stuck at a certain level- Volume control inputs would bring up the level meter on the screen but no control. Radio channels stuck/ Blank. 
  • On 3 occasions the 'Secure' message in green came up locking everything but the 'Info' function.
  • NATS symbol does not come up on the dash as part of the issue.
  • Self diagnostic through the hidden menu showed audio unit and cd player/changer at fault- Yellow check boxes as opposed to Green check boxes for Sat Nav and Control panel.
  • ECU reset using battery cathode disconnected for 30 mins and residual power drained did not solve any issues.
As such today I replaced the CD player/audio module with a 2002 model spare unit I already had. The circuit layout was slightly different however the pin layout for each of the connectors was identical. 

Timeshock! confirmed that the 2002 and 2003 units would be compatible. Hence I replaced and installed the unit.

As expected the ''Secure'' in yellow has come up. A post on NPOC suggested an audio centre off A45 in Birmingham can re-code the replaced unit to match the ECU for £30. I got in touch with a few photos and the technician confirmed he can accomplish the task.

What do you think.  Am I on a reasonable right track?

Thank you in advance.Thumbs Up
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 5:17pm
The problem you have doing the swap is you immediately get the secure warning, now I don't know if there is a hierarchy of these messages so for example if you drive around for a while will it display green at any point that there is a fault. Therefore you could after coding be in exactly the same position, however if that happened it starts to isolate the possibilities.
ridgb View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridgb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 5:41pm
Hello Timeshock!

Yes I agree. But I thought since nothing else seemed to malfunction. Even the NATS seemed to operate normally elsewhere in the car- Locking, Starting the engine etc it might really be just the audio unit failing. 

Green 'Secure' as discussed multiple times on NPOC stands for Failing audio unit or Comms with NATS. 

Only the audio kept freezing and locking or not turn on at all.

Anyway fingers crossed! Ouch
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 8:08pm
If you are in Swindon, you are not too far from the Clarion Service Centre.
A few years ago but the recode/virginising of the Radio was around £40.

http://www.clarion-service.co.uk/cs/Home.html

The Guy I spoke to was very familiar with the Nissan System.
ridgb View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridgb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 8:21pm
Thank you imckay!

It is indeed very close. Ill get in touch with then tomorrow itself. 

btw have you got any experience with the problems I have been facing? 

Kindly shed some light if possible.

Thank you 
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 8:45pm
Seem to remember it being mentioned ( wickidude I think ) that while fitting an xcarlink he had forgot to reconnect one of his speakers and that produced a green secure, so could be worth checking your door speakers and there connectors.
Speakers can go o/c intermittent.
If in doubt give it a clout!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>