Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 Starter motor removal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d60_tag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2016 at 7:51pm
Yea- think on certain variants of the Primera it could be nasty job and sort of pig difficult.

Mine is a 1999 Estate 1.6 GA16DE and was not actually that bad, took about 1 hour, think other variants possibly may possibly be harder.
..... also remember to disconnect battery before changing the starter.
FinPrimera View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinPrimera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 8:14am
Hi, thought I would share my experience. I got 1999 SR20DE SRi with manual gearbox and left hand drive. As mentioned before, no need to remove intake duct but removing it does not take long, it gets you more room and better view. Theres two intake support brackets, remove only that sits in timing chain side of engine or starter wont come out (and you can't loosen solenoid upper wire lead either).

- both starter mounting bolts are 14 mm and both are removed from intake duct side.
- no earth leads to starter
- wire looms are extremely tight fit. I got remanufactured starter by Remy and it has different angles on solenoid wires than original, have to Dremel some of that plastic guard off or wires could rip themself apart or worse, wire loom when engine vibrates.
- theres room for one hand only and absolutely no extra on wiring looms even if you loosen those tie straps in engine bay(because loom goes thru firewall just where starter motor sits).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123