Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 F9Q clutch repair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petterg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 F9Q clutch repair
    Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 10:54am
Car: Nissan Primera P12 F9Q, 2005, 6speed manual

I have a leak of clutch fluid inside the clutch housing.
Is it true that the engine has to be lowered in order to see what is leaking? If so this sound like such a major repair that I'd like to replace all the parts that tend to wear out while I'm at it. That means I should get all the parts before I start the repair. I'm trying to gather a list of which parts I should get.

The local Nissan dealer isn't very helpful. They keep trying to sell me the clutch master cylinder and outside tubing, while they don't offer any information of the parts that goes inside the gearbox/clutch housing.

From Nissan4u.com I've found that the clutch slave cylinder has part number 30620AE800
Looking up that part number on ebay it seems like that part includes all inside tubing and gaskets. But look at the picture of these two listings:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RENAULT-MEGANE-Clutch-Concentric-Slave-Cylinder-CSC-1-9-2-0-2002-on-510008810-/232082634397?hash=item360933f69d:g:ymYAAOSwmfhX2ae4

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Valeo-Central-Slave-Cylinder-804526-/361432360674?hash=item54270c26e2:g:rSYAAOSw6n5XsCom

It seem like the first is made of metal, while the second looks plastic. Is there a major quality difference between these two?

The other part I'd guess is smart to replace is the clutch disc, part 30100AW301

I've heard that a special tool is needed for clutch disk replacement. Does anyone have a name for that tool?

Would that be all the parts I need? No gaskets?
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 3:52pm
I'd replace the lot!!!Get the metal slave cylinder much better and will last longer.Also make sure the clutch kit contains a metal release bearing too,some cheapo's are part plastic.Dont grease the input shaft on these when reftting as they have a special coating.

No you don't need a special tool,you just need a standard clutch alignment too.

The engine will have to be lowered for sure.
petterg View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petterg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 11:15pm
I can't believe someone would use plastic there. I though it just looked like plastic. Does the first link seem to include all I need?
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 11:58pm
Your link don't work,

However all you need is the following parts,

Slave cylinder

Release bearing

Clutch plate

Pressure plate

So it's a 3 piece kit you want.

What mileage is on the engine? Just thinking it be wise to change the rear crank seal while the box is off, but that would also mean taking off the duel mass flywheel which is a pain on these due ot the type of bolts used and nm tightening spec/sequence's, maybe best left alone if it's not leaking..
petterg View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petterg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 10:23am
Thanks gt

I struggle to find part number for pressure plate. (I don't know how to expect it to look.) Is the partnumber for clutch plate a kit of both?
http://nissan4u.com/parts/primera/el_p12e/2005_8/type_104/power_train/clutch/illustration_3/

The ebay links a bit to long to be copy/paste friendly. Here are the shortened versions of the two posted in first post:
https://goo.gl/CnALf0
https://goo.gl/WXXoux
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 2:12pm
All you need is a clutch listed for F9Q engine,rated 130bhp,if you see 3 parts to the kit,that all you need then that's the complete clutch kit ect

Pressure plate
Clutch plate
Release bearing

Then all you need is the slave cylinder.

You need gearoil too then you are good to go.
petterg View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petterg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 6:40pm
Could you help me find those parts on ebay (or some other sites that ships to norway) or the part numbers from Nissan? I've found 30100AW301 which the catalog list as clutch plate, while ebay searches returns parts that looks like pressure plate. And I've found 30620AE800 to be the slave cylinder listed on ebay here: http://goo.gl/CnALf0

Thats two out of four parts.
Could the release bearing be included with the slave cylinder?
petterg View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petterg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 8:14am
I found a UK shop that will ship internationally and has all the parts. However, in the reply I got from them when asking for the release bearing, they mention a "pilot bearing". What is that?
LuK do also offer a 'pilot bearing' which is here:
https://www.partsinmotion.co.uk/luk-pilot-bearing-clutch-410003610-detail

The pilot bearing is *not* the release bearing. The release bearing is part of the concentric slave cylinder.

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 7:43pm
The pilot bearing is the bit part where the input shaft goes into,you don't need that unless it's buggered..

Yes the release bearing must be part of the slave cylinder I remember now since you told me that,i've work on a few cars since and do forget about things sometimes..
petterg View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petterg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 8:18pm
Does the pilot bearing tend to wear down? Could it be damaged by the fluid that has been leaking into the clutch for a while now? Are there any symptoms I can look for to predict the pilot bearing state?

The symptoms I'm aware of (except for the leak) is that when engine is cold the clutch grabs a bit uneven. This goes away after just a few minutes of driving.

I'll be doing the repair outdoors, so I don't want to get into the situation that I lower the engine, then realize I'm missing some parts. It's ok to be missing some parts that is easily accessible, but I don't want to leave the car with hood open for days while waiting for parts.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>