Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 Wiper Linkage replacement

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockywr22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 3:24pm
Hi,

I know this is a shot in the dark as the post was originally from 2016 but if you have another P11 wiper linkage handy I'd be interested.

cheers,

Rocky

imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 7:08am
If you don't have any luck finding any, there are some aftermarket ones available from Poland.

rockywr22 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockywr22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 9:10am
Many thanks for those urls I'll save them for the future as well.

cheers

Willy (Rocky)
rockywr22 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockywr22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 9:18am

Just another quick query,  as these would be left hand drive models, would it be better if I bought one each of the left amd the right to ensure I had the correct ones.
I'm thinking of just getting the P10 ones as it seems they would be the better buy judging by all the posts about the 'plastic' bolts on the P11 ?
As the Driver side on mine has gone I suspect the other might follow eventually.

cheers,

Willy

rockywr22 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockywr22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 9:28am
p.p.s.

not Bolts... Spindles of course.. silly me.

imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 10:25pm
They are the same for Left and Right Hand Drive Cars. Just fitted to different sides.

This is the Wiper assembly for a Left Hand Drive 97 P11
Click on the Pivots and it tells you the various models it fits. LHD and RHD

Order both or two sets. The shipping from Poland is likely to be more expensive than the Parts.
Pivots about £6 each.

rockywr22 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockywr22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 8:00am
hello again,

excellent information, thanks very much once again.

I'll look into this as the 'baby' is in hospital getting a new PAS belt put in.  It came off on Saturday but didn't notice the belt had gone until I got it home.

cheers

Rocky

rockywr22 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockywr22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 5:26pm
It turns out the Powered Steering problem was the crankshaft pulley which had given up the ghost and demolished the PAS pulley which shredded the drive belt - probably diverted it too much from it's position and it simple had enough. The other belt was also on it's way as well for the same reason - all fixed now so I can look for the various bits & pieces.  The Allegro sight was pretty difficult attempting to get anything on order but I've just found this on Ebay.. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Primera-1998-Front-wiper-linkage-PAC21302/401832397753 which looks acceptable from Lithuania... as it'll probably be for a left hand drive are they in the same position or will it just need to be turned upside down do you think ? 
cheers

imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 11:42am
Should fit OK and a reasonable price. The Pivots could be worn though. 

You probably need a friendly Pole to assist with Allegro or you can find email addresses for the Sellers on there.
rockywr22 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockywr22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 1:25pm
I've given up the ghost on the Allegro site.

It appeared to be okay with translating page by page but then went off to a place I couldn't follow.

I think I got the price of shipments to 50 Zloty per item so for 2 a 100 would have been about £21.5 - ish.
The problem was getting the odering sorted out, in the end I gave up.

I then went to EUspares.co.uk & onlinecarparts.co.uk which appeared to access the same German Metzger site.
As these were also new I decided to say 'bugger it' and just bought one for each side. All together it cost £60.12 from the EUspares and would have been a quid more from onlinecarparts.co.uk.

For the amount of money I have spent £60 isn't that hard to bear but, at least they're brand new and with a good firm (I Hope).

Thanks again for your help - unfortunately Allegro didn't reply to any of my emails so I couldn't continue with them but yes, if I'd have got my school friend of many moons ago to teach me some Polish it might have been a different story.

cheers,

Willy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>