Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 GT Lights problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P93GBW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 GT Lights problem
    Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 5:20pm
I have recently repaired my Nissan Primera after it's been 2 years off the road completely.
All done and dusted, the night before the MOT decided to do a quick check.

The front left sidelight and front left fog light both aren't working along with both side repeaters.
Iv checked the front bulbs first by swapping them across to the other side and both bulbs are fine. I also checked with a multimeter to see if any power was being sent to try to narrow the issue down to an earth fault and it appears not as I got 0V from the light to earth on both the side light and fog.

I've had a quick check on the fuses but to be honest I'm not sure which fuses feed where.

My query is, is there anything that might have gone wrong that would present this issue such as a fuse or relay, I think I can rule out the switches as the others work, and does the fog light power feed from the side light so am I only looking for one issue not 2?

I've not started investigation on the repeaters just yet so they may be nothing to do with the issue but I thought I would explain everything.

Car starts, drives, no warning lights. The repair work I have done has been full brakes all around, new arches front and rear and also replaced the outer sills on both sides so I don't think anything I have done should have caused this.

Any clues on places to investigate would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Chris
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 7:56pm
Hi Chris. The foglights do run through the sidelights,it sounds like a fuse. Thumbs Up
Roy
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 8:17pm
Fogs use a different circuit the sidelights.If the sidelight fuse had gone you would have both out and number plate light etc would also be out.Not just the one side.Only headlight bulbs have a fuse for each side. Located near the battery.Fogs use a relay.

The side repeater problem could be corrosion on the contacts where they connect to back of the wing.
P93GBW View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P93GBW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 9:06pm
Thanks guys, im going to do some more troubleshooting tommorow and iv taken a look at the service manual so iv got some idea of where the left hand side earths.
I think you might be onto something with the corroded contacts for the repeaters as they have been hanging free for a couple of months while the wings were off.
Ill update to let you know what i find good or bad lol
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 11:43pm

Check repeaters first then before anything else.
P93GBW View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P93GBW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 7:40am
Thanks for the heads up guys. You were spot on with the corroded contacts in the repeaters, 5 minutes with some sandpaper and they're perfect again.
The side light was actually a bit of a boob on my part, when i checked the bulb i actually pulled the wrong ones and checked the main beam bulbs... In my defence it was dark and i was rushed. Swapped the bulb out and im good to go. Mot is booked for this Saturday so wish me luck!
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 10:40am
Good luck then mate.
Magdan View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 5:39am
Please where DI I find these actual corroded contact as my left side light is never coming on please discribe to me to enable me fix it,thanks secondly which is the actual relay for the fog light both are not working of late
 Post Reply Post Reply