Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Climate Control Panel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SailorBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Climate Control Panel
    Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 12:37pm
I've been having some issues with the buttons on the climate control panel intermittently not responding.  I'm assuming the control panel itself is defective, so I disassembled it and the part number is CSW-5880C.  When looking it up on ebay, the seller noted that the part might need programming to the vehicle.

Can anyone tell me if a second hand climate control panel can just be swapped in, or does it need to be registered with the ECU or undergo some other type of programming?
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 2:40pm
Hi Bob. The control panel will swop straight over with no problem. Thumbs Up  They are seldom any trouble. If it is the heater side of it you are having problems with, your fault will lie elsewhere. Ouch
Roy
SailorBob View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SailorBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 3:48pm
The whole control panel is on the fritz.  The rear window defroster switch always works, but the radio controls are intermittent, and sometimes the A/C controls will stop responding also.

I'm replacing the CD/Radio unit as well, as the radio just scans forever without stopping on a channel, and the CD doesn't work at all.  When I disassembled it I found a few coins some kid had stuck in there rattling around - probably shorted something...
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 4:51pm
You will need to be very careful with the electrics, they don't like being messed around with. Ouch   search the forums for information, there is a wealth of it on here. Thumbs Up
Roy
Estyfort View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Estyfort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by SailorBob SailorBob wrote:

The whole control panel is on the fritz.  The rear window defroster switch always works, but the radio controls are intermittent, and sometimes the A/C controls will stop responding also.

I'm replacing the CD/Radio unit as well, as the radio just scans forever without stopping on a channel, and the CD doesn't work at all.  When I disassembled it I found a few coins some kid had stuck in there rattling around - probably shorted something...

The damaged audio unit could be at the heart of the problem. I'd suggest you install another audio unit before attempting to change the multifunction switch (the control panel). I should add that the audio unit is tied up with the security system of the car. That is, if you install another audio unit in the car you'd have to have your key re-programmed to have the audio unit to function.
SailorBob View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SailorBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 9:35pm
You're kidding... I have to re-program my keys for the replacement radio to work?  Think my Launch X431 can do it?
Estyfort View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Estyfort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 9:39pm

You're kidding... I have to re-program my keys for the replacement radio to work?  Think my Launch X431 can do it?

Your Launch just might, but you must have the PIN code converted from your Smart Entrance Control unit.
SailorBob View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SailorBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 10:31pm
How do I get the PIN code from the Smart Entrance Control unit?
Estyfort View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Estyfort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 10:35pm

How do I get the PIN code from the Smart Entrance Control unit?

That's a bit involved. Post a clear picture of the label on the unit, and I'll help out with the PIN.
SailorBob View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SailorBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 6:46am
I don't see any way to upload an image here.  The Nissan part number is 28185-AV700, model number PN-2419F.  There's also a serial number listed if that would help.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>