Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 - Which Version do I have?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 - Which Version do I have?
    Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 12:15pm
I have no idea what particular version of P12 I have, whether it's an Acenta, Comfort, Sport, Luxury etc. It doesn't help that mine is a Spanish LHD car from 2002, 2.0 petrol with CVT

I was wondering if there is any kind of online resource for this information? I have tried looking, but typically Google only gives links to places with things to sell, nothing useful.

Thanks Thumbs Up
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 1:51pm
I doubt, there will be anything online that would clearly show, which version you had, there maybe clues, if you know the spec of yours, and compared to what the different versions have..

ideally you'd need a sales brochure from when they were first sold new...not sure if Nissan would be able to tell you from the VIN
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
pianoprimera View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pianoprimera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 5:59pm
interesting car. I have family in Madrid. Very few of these around there now and usually beaten up and badly sunburned lacquer ex. taxis. They seem to like old Renaults and the occasional Rover as a Sunday driver hobby car. Would love to see pics on here. Sorry can't help with the spec. but if it's a shiner well worth keeping I'd say. Apologies to admin. for being off topic (i.e. not being able to help). Mine's a 2002 1.8 Estate P12.
Pachi View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 8:55am
Originally posted by ragt20 ragt20 wrote:

I doubt, there will be anything online that would clearly show, which version you had, there maybe clues, if you know the spec of yours, and compared to what the different versions have..

ideally you'd need a sales brochure from when they were first sold new...not sure if Nissan would be able to tell you from the VIN

Thank you for the suggestion regarding the sales brochure. I have managed to locate a couple of Spanish brochures from 2002. One shows the Micra, Almera and Primera ranges and the other is specific to the Primera. Hopefully when they arrive I might be able to recognise the version I have. Thumbs Up 
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 9:07am
Barrie. Are there any badges or letters on the rear of the car. or on the wings under ther flashers? 
Roy
Pachi View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 9:13am
Originally posted by pianoprimera pianoprimera wrote:

interesting car. I have family in Madrid. Very few of these around there now and usually beaten up and badly sunburned lacquer ex. taxis. They seem to like old Renaults and the occasional Rover as a Sunday driver hobby car. Would love to see pics on here. Sorry can't help with the spec. but if it's a shiner well worth keeping I'd say. Apologies to admin. for being off topic (i.e. not being able to help). Mine's a 2002 1.8 Estate P12.

You are right, there are very few around in spite of the fact that rust isn't really an issue here. Any that have survived are probably diesels. They were also a popular taxi choice in Barcelona, in fact there's a 1:43 scale diecast model of a P12 in its Barcelona taxi livery available.

Mine seems to have survived quite well, there are no dents, just the usual scratches on the bumpers, and the paintwork still shines. I'm still exploring its mechanical condition having only had it a week or so, but it's obvious that it needs a bit of TLC. I will post some photos when I have had chance to give it a good clean and polish,

Thanks for your interest. Smile
Pachi View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 9:41am
Originally posted by roy.2 roy.2 wrote:

Barrie. Are there any badges or letters on the rear of the car. or on the wings under ther flashers? 

Hello Roy,

No there aren't any badges other than the 'Primera' one on the boot. The registration document doesn't offer any clues either.

Looking at the official information that the government uses to persecute motorists with taxes, I think my choices are:

2.0 Acenta
2.0 Acenta / Line Up
2.0 Acenta Aut / Tekna
2.0 Acenta CVT / Tekna
2.0 Elegance / Sport
2.0 Elegance Aut / Hypertronic
2.0 Sport Hypertronic
2.0 Tekna CVT

It seems a bit confused. My car falls into the Aut, and CVT categories, but I think I'm right in saying that the Hypertronic designation was for the P11 CVT (?)

lent87six View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lent87six Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 7:34am
i my self don't know what version i have.
would like to know where u guys get parts for them thou.
I'm looking coilovers for mine don't seem to see any that fits, any suggestions?
Pachi View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by lent87six lent87six wrote:

i my self don't know what version i have.
would like to know where u guys get parts for them thou.
I'm looking coilovers for mine don't seem to see any that fits, any suggestions?

Sorry, I have no idea how such things might work in Jamaica.
Pachi View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 2:37pm
I now know what version or 'Model' I have, but I didn't get the information from a sales brochure as neither has arrived yet, I found it by reading the Workshop Manual. General Information (GI) section under Identification Information, page 46.

The Identification Plate shows the model number along the bottom. The Manual shows the location of it to be under the right-hand side front seat, but mine is on the right-hand front door pillar. You can decode this number using the info on page 44 under the heading 'Prefix and suffix designations'.

The sixth character of this string will either be a:
'B', which indicates Comfort
'S' which indicates Elegance
'C' which indicates Sport

I have an Elegance model with an H*CVT transaxle, although the Spanish equivalents were called something different rather than just a translation of the same word.

You can also get the paint and trim codes from the same Identification Plate.

Post Reply Post Reply