Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 GT Cam Scoring

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P93GBW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 GT Cam Scoring
    Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 7:58pm
Hi guys, I've just changed my rocker cover gasket today due to a big oil leak from the old one.
While changing it checked out the cams and valve train and 2of the lobes have score marks in them that run the full diameter of the lobes.
I'm just checking in to see if it's anything to be concerned about now or in the future as I've not experienced this before so looking for a second opinion.
Is there anything there that looks of concern to you?
I'll attach the pics on a link below
http://imgur.com/a/oVhjAZr
Thanks for taking a look
Chris
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 10:31pm
Cant see pics but if the scoring is deep enough to catch your fingernail then it need investigating really.

bavs83 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bavs83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 2:50pm
Doesn't look bad. Its only one thin line I can see. Probably some metal debris that's done that. But as stated if it's deep then needs looking at. Does the rest of that lobe seem smooth and uniform?
It's not what you drive....It's how you drive!
P93GBW View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P93GBW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 6:57pm
Thanks for the input guys, it was a single scratch around 2 of the lobes. I'll run some engine flush through, drop the sump and see if there's anything scary there.
rol View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 2:19am
Hey dude how’d the flush go?.. all well?
peace
 Post Reply Post Reply