Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P10 high beam problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eversti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P10 high beam problem
    Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 4:08pm
Hello, fellow Nissan owners. I have a problem with my passenger side high beam. It won't switch on. Other side works fine. I've ruled out the bulb and the fuse. Is there a relay somewhere or could it be a ground problem? 
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 5:28pm
I'd check the actual plastic plug that the connector (with the headlight wiring attached) plugs into. We've seen then deteriorate with heat over time (almost looks melted) or possibly look for green fuzz on the connecting pins (same block), if any signs of melting replace block, if green fuzz, you can clean the pins :)
Eversti View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eversti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 5:34pm
Yeah actually just solved it. Previous owner had done some abico repairs and the three wires of the H4 were connected wrong. So you were kind of right LOL
schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 9:23pm
Double check that if u have dual headlamps, the two main bulbs, H4 and H3 must be doing high beam.
P10 Army - G20.net MOTM April ´09 - NPOC.co.uk COTM April ´11
 Post Reply Post Reply