Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan primera p12 drivers electric window dropped
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan primera p12 drivers electric window dropped

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan primera p12 drivers electric window dropped
    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 8:31pm
Hi Guys
drivers window has dropped on trying to wind it back up on the button, am trying to remove the inner steel panel but am unable to see any bolts through the access holes, I can only see glass, looks as if the cables are all over the place inside too.
absolutely any ideas greatly received
i know very little about a lot
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 6:38am
Are you able to push/pull the Glass so you can see the Bolts that attach it to the Regulator?

Around 4 Mins in
abba View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 10:22am
Hi
Thank you for the link,
Only possible to move glass up on right hand side at the moment,thinking that bolt may have come out ? as no movement in the arm is visible
No movement on left side though,will have try to make some kind of grip device to grab bottom of glass.dark nights not helping
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 1:02pm
You cant remove the steel plate, without the removing the glass towards access through the two round holes near the bottom covered with some foam. Usual failure is the plastic clips glued to the glass. if the wire  has snapped or come of through another reason that you will need to be investigate, then I can tell you when I did it it was a right chew on to re-assemble
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 1:33pm
If you push the Window Switch and push/pull the Window by Hand, will it get to the correct position?

Possibly the Clip is broken on the Right but still working properly on the Left?
abba View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 7:30pm
the story so far
have got as far as the steel plate,removed all visible bolts securing it, but am unable to get the it out of the door, is there a sequence to get out, as in up and left right and down etc.
it seems to be retained more so at the top left,
the problem appears to be a broken plastic bracket and cables all over the place, no idea which came 1st though.
I intend to order a repair kit off amazon in anticipation that it will contain the relevant parts required.
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 7:01am
Have you been able to get to the Brackets that hold the Window to the Regulator?
The Regulator won't come out if the Window is still attached to it.

I have the same job to do Today on a Colleagues Kia Ceed.
abba View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 1:11pm
Hi
Yes the glass is now lifted almost in closed position but still can't jiggle the plate out
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 6:57pm
I think you misunderstand, the clip arms have to be unfastened which leaves the glass to be raised by hand and completely removed from the door before the plate mechanism can be removed. The fixings to the clip arms are accessed through the two round holes at the bottom and when the glass has beem lowered so the clip fixing com into view
abba View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 10:31am
Hi
The glass has been lifted to near closed position by hand and retained at that position with straps.
It is free from the mechanism

If the glass has to come out completely then that is my next move.
Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>