Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where have all the P11s gone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevNeiland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 5:26pm
Fairplay Roy. Yeah that's a lovely car you have. Original wheels and a few nice extras. Did you change the door handles. I'd be interested to see the others you have also when you have the time. I'm very late joining the forum but have owned Primeras with 20 years now. There's very few left in Ireland. No decent ones anyway.
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 5:32pm
The handles were on it when I bought it Kev. Will take pics tomorrow. Thumbs Up
It's taken you a long time to find us. lol. but you are here now.
Welcome to NPOC. Handshake 
Roy
KevNeiland View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevNeiland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 5:40pm
Ha Ha ya. I dunno, I always liked the cars and held onto them but its a very unusual interest in Ireland. Its only now that they're dying out that I've been seeking out other Primera nutters like myself. Its reassuring to know that people still have them. Looking forward to seeing your other cars. I'll post some photos of my other cars tomorrow also!
trbobrk View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trbobrk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by KevNeiland KevNeiland wrote:

Really? What type Primera is it? Where they popular in Canada?

It is a UK spec 98 GTSE.  I bought it in 2017.  It is parked in Canada for legal reasons.  I guess I could have left it in the UK, but Canada is right next door so it is more convenient.

I'm in the US; in 2023 it will be fully legal to bring in on a permanent basis.  I'm still waiting on the federal government to give me an approval to bring it in on a provisional basis.  I called them a few weeks back and they had no clues as to when the engineer would review my petition.  So until then I hop across the border and visit my car on the weekend a few times a year.

US and Canada didn't get Primeras, they got the Japanese made G20 from 99-02.  It wasn't popular over here when new, they only sold about 46k P11s in 4 years.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevNeiland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 7:05pm
Fairplay. I'd love to see pictures of it. The next time you're visiting Canada. I've a Nordic Blue GTLE hidden away with another Black GT. I drive the white above most but don't get time to take it out as much as I'd like. I must clean it up a bit over the summer. It's nice to have a rare car. One of the most under rated Nissans ever made. Unbelievable car to hold the road.
trbobrk View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trbobrk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by KevNeiland KevNeiland wrote:

Fairplay. I'd love to see pictures of it. The next time you're visiting Canada. I've a Nordic Blue GTLE hidden away with another Black GT. I drive the white above most but don't get time to take it out as much as I'd like. I must clean it up a bit over the summer. It's nice to have a rare car. One of the most under rated Nissans ever made. Unbelievable car to hold the road.

London.

In Manitoba. 

Rocky Mountains, Alberta.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevNeiland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 8:10pm
That's class. I'm not sure how to post photos on the forum but I'll look you up on the Facebook page tomorrow and send on a few pics of the GTLE. It's a saloon as well. I hope you get it into the states. I'd imagine it's not easy but that's some devotion!
pianoprimera View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pianoprimera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 7:26pm
Am I getting confused? I'm sure I saw a Primera P11 get crushed in the Terminator Dark Fate Movie (aka Linda Hamilton's Pension Fund). It wasn't an Infiniti either - it really looked like a Primera . . . Tongue
trbobrk View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trbobrk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 11:04pm
I think it was an Almera.  They didn't have Primeras in Mexico...except they filmed it in Spain because Mexico was determined to be too dangerous.

I just saw the clip again, it was a 144 without a badge on the bonnet that magically turns back into a p11 with a badge when it gets squished.

And the number plate changes too.  That is amazing.
pianoprimera View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pianoprimera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by trbobrk trbobrk wrote:

I think it was an Almera.  They didn't have Primeras in Mexico...except they filmed it in Spain because Mexico was determined to be too dangerous.

I just saw the clip again, it was a 144 without a badge on the bonnet that magically turns back into a p11 with a badge when it gets squished.

And the number plate changes too.  That is amazing.

Haha - you are more observant than I. Talking of Spain, I have Spanish relatives and visit Madrid quite often. I don't know whether it was Sunderland that produced the Spanish Primeras, but the clear coat is terrible, I've not seen one without patches burned off.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>