Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where have all the P11s gone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trbobrk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 1:11am
Sunderland made all the European Primeras; primarily split up into UK, north, central, and southern Europe for various equipment preferences and regulations.

They also made Primera's for Africa, but at some point they stopped shipping complete cars and setup a factory in South Africa to assemble p11s from UK made parts.

The other factory, Oppama in Yokohama Japan, built Japanese, US, Canada, and New Zealand; but saloons and wagons only.
schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 8:46pm
Nah the factory clear coat was fine.

The paint shops in Spain are terrible, I bet the burnt panels have all been resprayed at some stage
P10 Army - G20.net MOTM April ´09 - NPOC.co.uk COTM April ´11
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 11:05am
I think the clear coat is always an issue in hot countries. I know that all my family in Spain end up with this problem on their cars and always have done for the 20+ years they've been out there. The sun will burn through clear coat unless your car is parked in the shade or garaged.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123