Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 1.9 DCI 85KW Diesel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arunchik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 1.9 DCI 85KW Diesel
    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 5:47am
Hello friends,

Lately i'm experiencing strange car behaviour. 
When I accelerate and engine turns reach 2500 the car couple times twitch and engine turning off.
If i try start car by the gear or key, the car doesn't start. I have to fully switch off ignition, when the dashboard is complete off and start again. Then car starts again. If during driving i maintain turns up to 2000 everything seems fine. From the first look, it's kind off secure mode appear, but i might be wrong.
Please friends share your thoughts. 
arunchik View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arunchik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 5:51am
Sorry,

Primera P12 2006 Diesel 1.9 85KW
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 9:50am
Hi. Welcome with your 1st post on NPOC.  Handshake
I think it will be the Suction Control Valve [SCV] on the fuel pump starting to fail. Ouch
I had the same thing with my 2.2 Diesel and ran it for a year until it packed in completely.
It goes into Limp Mode. When you are travelling and it happens you can turn the ignition off and back on again while still in gear and moving, and it will restore power. Very unnerving at first but you get used to it. LOL
As in all things, it is best to sort it sooner rather than later. Thumbs Up
Roy
arunchik View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arunchik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 11:33am
Originally posted by roy.2 roy.2 wrote:

Hi. Welcome with your 1st post on NPOC.  Handshake
I think it will be the Suction Control Valve [SCV] on the fuel pump starting to fail. Ouch
I had the same thing with my 2.2 Diesel and ran it for a year until it packed in completely.
It goes into Limp Mode. When you are travelling and it happens you can turn the ignition off and back on again while still in gear and moving, and it will restore power. Very unnerving at first but you get used to it. LOL
As in all things, it is best to sort it sooner rather than later. Thumbs Up

Big thanks for advice.

Im just wondering, is it somehow related to fuel filter? Because once it was changed, seems the problem was solved, but after secound time problem appear again. Or it's just a coincidence?

Thank you in advance. 
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 12:50pm
You could try the fuel filter swap again as it will be the cheaper way to go, but if the ignition on and off trick works, then it will be the SCV. Thumbs Up
Roy
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 11:51pm
Defo give the filter a try, i had this with mine, normally combined with a ton of black smoke on ignition
arunchik View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arunchik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 5:34am

You could try the fuel filter swap again as it will be the cheaper way to go, but if the ignition on and off trick works, then it will be the SCV. Thumbs Up

Yeap, Ignition trick works. Seems like Roy.2 you're damn right :) Thank, Sir!
arunchik View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arunchik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 1:18pm

Roy, one more question. After engine went off, does "check engine" showed up? Or any other Fault msgs?
Diesel power
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 3:52pm
I got the check light on now and again, not permanent, you will get the right code for the problem if you connect the car to a diagnostic meter.
Roy
arunchik View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arunchik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 8:10am
Hi,

Just to share my own experience.
Diagnostic didn't show any faults msgs. I don't know how much is that related, but electrician found engine nozzles wiring issues.

The problem is solved. At least for now :)  
Diesel power
 Post Reply Post Reply