Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan primera P12 "clunk"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
pianoprimera View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pianoprimera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan primera P12 "clunk"
    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 7:35pm
You absolutely sure it's not a worn engine mounting having a metal to metal impact as the clutch transfers/releases power? Just a thought . . . If it was a regular clunk not associated with clutch use I'd say sway bar drop links, but this isn't the case. If it's a new clutch then have the lot done I say. As long as it's a good solid car, before you get rid and jump into the fire with some vehicle requiring a cambelt change which will practically cost you as much for a belt, pump and pulleys (your Primera is chain cam driven).

Bohica View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 2:35pm
Hi guys,
I am pretty sure I have a small clutch problem but not sure where to point the spanners, there is a definite clunk coming from the engine compartment passenger side about foot level. I watched the wife drive and the clunk seems to be when she lifts her foot off the clutch, I am thinking either slave cylinder or thrust bearing. One is not expensive and the other is a lot of money, who will pay a garage to change the bearing and not pop a new clutch on there while they have it open?  I am no mechanic so if anyone can come up with any other possible causes for this sound PLEASE let me know. ie if someone has had a similar experience what was the cause? I feel like I am tap dancing in a mine field blindfold here guys so any help would be very gratefully accepted.

Thanks in advance,

Paul K.
I think therefor I am.
 Post Reply Post Reply