Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11: Camshaft / injector help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobs GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11: Camshaft / injector help
    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 10:31am
Hi All,
Has anyone fitted aftermarket camshafts? If so, how have you mapped the car afterwards? Nistune? Any recommendations on who to get it done too.

Also I need bigger fuel injectors as Im now going the turbo route, but struggling to find out what fits the primera. Any advice greatly welcomed. Thanks
GT Owner since 2001
ady_c View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ady_c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 1:57pm
Try fusion motorsport they are down your way.

Uprated cams, with nistune and remap 170hp should be achievable.

Low boots sr20de set up around 220hp

Have fun 👌
Bobs GT View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobs GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 2:10am
Thanks for the tip.
Was hoping to get around 250bhp on low boost if possible.
Found people that will do the custom turbo work and fitting. Currently saving for this. Already have the cams.

Is it safe to fit and run cams without mapping?

Also curious about injectors. If changing the manifold to gtir one, will side feed injectors fit?
Also the ecu mapper recommended 370cc injectors. Can't find them anywhere. Found 450cc ones by not sure that's a good idea going bigger for a low boost application. 250bhp is the target I'm after but safe and reliably.

Thanks again for the info. Did find useful.
GT Owner since 2001
huugoo View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huugoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 1:36pm
Your stock injectors are 259cc.
For your goals some 370cc injectors for 200SX SR20DET would be ok.
450cc would work fine, but you'll loose some fine adjustablility down low when it comes to fueling.

You're also talking about a gtir intake manifold. It won't fit in any shape or form on a P11 engine. Do your research about the various SR20 engines and their simmilarities and differences. These kind of builds have been done thousands of times, and info is readilly available.
Daily: '03 Forester SG5 XT, TD04, Ecutek, 3" exhaust
Summer-daily: '84 Sunny B11 E16S, Weber, header, DBilas camshaft
Summer-daily II: '88 Sunny B12 Florida E16S
Tracktool: '97 Primera P11,5 20V
Bobs GT View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobs GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 2:33pm
Thanks for the info. Yeah the more I research the more I realise I need help sourcing the bits I need. I got confused mixing the exhaust manifold for intake manifold. Research on Gitr engine swaps I've seen. Turbo on a stock sr20de off a primera, I'm only getting bits and pieces of info.

The mapping guy was super helpful and gave me a list of stuff to buy. Just struggling to find / understand the items at the moment.

I'll stick with the advice given here and from mapper and get those 370cc injectors. Thanks
GT Owner since 2001
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 2:04pm
for the turbo conversion you need GTIR exhaust manifold, which will fit fine. and thus as it's nothing to do with intake side, you don't have to worry about how injectors will fit.

it's pretty straightforward stuff, should be plenty topics on here to read...
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
Bobs GT View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobs GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 2:13pm
Cheers G. Never went the turbo before and did a search first which prompted the questions.

The npoc posts in search suggests that the primera sr20de had a very hard to get uprated injectors. From what I learnt had to be top feed injectors over side ones and they are also shorter than say gtir ones.

There are plenty of side feed sr20 550/450cc injectors. My guess is they won't fit. I'm still trying to find a set that will 100% fit. Finding this all confusing but think perhaps sometimes you have to just take the punt and hope for the best. Wish me luck
GT Owner since 2001
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 2:17pm
injectors to fit ain't that difficult to find, some p11s even came with Side Feed injectors, hard for me to remember all this stuff, as did this over 10 years ago when I did my turbo conversion on my Almera..

370cc injectors aren't difficult to find, need to look at VE injectors as well, as they will fit,
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 2:29pm
Bobs GT View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobs GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 7:27am
Cheers again. I was convinced mine was top feed only. Having read up, can be either top or side feed. Link recommends getting a fuel rail at same time which will solve fitment issues I guess. thanks again
GT Owner since 2001
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>