Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P10 - Lamp colors of the switches?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P10 - Lamp colors of the switches?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rdelpopolo View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdelpopolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P10 - Lamp colors of the switches?
    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 9:29am
Mine where almost all blown up. So instead to replace them with bulbs, hard to be sourced, I'm trying the leds.
schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 3:34pm
The oem lights are clearly visible...indeed they are.

I dont have any led fitted, every switch has oem bulb and I have not replaced any switch bulb in 29 years
P10 Army - G20.net MOTM April ´09 - NPOC.co.uk COTM April ´11
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdelpopolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 12:23pm
Thank you.
I was concerned by the light in the hazard coming from the right, and the blinking from the left, but if I'm not wrong I can see it's the stock behavior, so I can confirm that the second batch of leds (the black one in my previous post) are the right replacement for the bulbs. The amount of light appera to be the same and the light is neutral white.

The console leds (or lamps) uses the T3 socket. These one are ok to me: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32975075221.html
Buy the white ones and the yellow ones (appear orange when powered on, to be used in the defogger and the fog lamp indicator).
Only the hazard backlight needs to be somehow lowered in intensity, as the original that has a white cap mounted on to reduce brightness. I think could be used a much higher smd resistor in the led pcb, or used a "cap" to reduce the brightness. I'll try a solution in the next days

also, for the central console near the handbrake, I've soldered the new set of leds, and they are neutral white and more comfortable. The old ones were where a little purple and too much bright, almost disturbing during night driving.
I've used as donor the T5 white leds that are a little bigger and brighter than the ones in the T3 format. In the door lock button I had to use the smaller led taken from a donor T3 led because there was not enough space to mount it without any mods.

I'll try them in the next days and finally I'll decide if remain to use the more powerful led from T5 or switch to the smaller used in the T3 (less brighter).

As I can understand, originally the lights where barely visible, can you confirm? Can you make any photo of the central console leds to compare the results?

I'm programming to replace also the tachometer bulbs with leds, and the other backlight in the central console and everywhere there is a bulb. I'll take you updated with the results.

Thank you!
schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 6:32pm
Light+hazard ON

schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 6:30pm
Night light only

schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 5:05pm
OK I will try to take a pic but dude, it is clearly noticeable how the amount of light increases over the nightlight bulb, a lot.
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdelpopolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 2:17pm
Yeah, I want to see the hazard blinking light how much is visible when the lights are on.
schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 7:10am
The donor car was a Ph.III eGT with the cheapo hazard switch and I trashed it in a minute, sorry.

My car is a PH. I with the decent one, like yours
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdelpopolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 9:12pm
The results appear to be good with the latest LEDs. If you want I can send here or in a private message the AliExpress auction where I bought the T3 LEDs.

Can I ask you a photo of the hazard switch blinking with the lights on?
schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 9:53am
Remember, pics of everything!

Yesterday a mate who is preparing his eGT as a track day car only, gave me a set of Central console switches.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>