Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P10 - Lamp colors of the switches?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P10 - Lamp colors of the switches?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdelpopolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 1:58am
The micro lamps in the switch are in T3 package. Just tried and work very good.

In the tachometer are used w5w with a blue "condom" to make they appear white, so the direct replacement is a white w5w led.

I removed the leds because the w5w obtained are poor quality and because I lost the dimming functionality. Also the led had a projection cone too narrow resulting in a poor lighting. I'll try again with a better quality leds.

Also, the green light of the windows switch, can be replaced with a 12v white led.

I'll post a picture once done
schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 8:32am
In the EuDM early specs, the gauge cluster w5w bulbs have not the condom. Each" white " w5w bulb had a big blue plastic cover.

I prefer this early method
P10 Army - G20.net MOTM April ´09 - NPOC.co.uk COTM April ´11
schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 1:20pm
Went to the garage to take pics

Amber bulb in rear fog and defogger

schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 1:25pm
Only with lights ON

schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 1:28pm
Optional audio in green definitely dont match. Dont know why they sold these units in green

rdelpopolo View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdelpopolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 3:56pm
Yesterday I spent some time on internals and unmounted the central console switches to install new bulbs

As you can see the bulbs have a blue cap to make a white light, so a led replacement will be easy. Just pay attention to the polarity

To pray open the switches it is enough to enlarge the borders while someone pulls the cables
schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 4:08pm
Please do a detailed «show how» welding progress in every switch!
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdelpopolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 2:44am
Before installing the leds, check the polarity of the pins, in order to install them correctly.
in one group: black wire = negative; gray/brown wire = positive
in the other group: yellow wire = negative; green wire = positive
the right polarization che be found after having noticed that the thicker wire is the positive, the thinner is the negative. Test before remount them all!

The first picture has the polarity i've detected.
The second is the same picture without the polarity.
The third is the original status with light bulbs and blue cap to make a white light.
The yellow colored led, will produce white light once powered.

About the result: it is really good but I'm not totally satisfied.
Let me explain. The 12v white leds, in realty are almost imperceptibly bluish/purple, really really really almost imperceptibly. The door lock button has a thicker white window making it appear neutral white.
I've ordered another type of 12v white led from china, and once delivered I'll test them.

Tomorrow I'll take a picture of the results once mounted in the car.

-----
I've unmounted the front seats, removed the coating, washed and I'll remount them also tomorrow. How dirty were them! I'll take some picture for you ;)

Also, I've done some testing on the hazard, fog and defogger switches, and all the light can be replaced with a white led, because the color is produced by the internal filter in the switch.
Only the hazard switch need some extra care because one light should be lighter, otherwise the red blinking is not evident (almost stati red color). I'm testing some other solution and I'll post my final setup with the results.

P.S.
I found an auction in ebay of a spanish car wracker of an engine with the compressor bracket but cannot convince them to sell only this part :( I've called 40+ car wracker in my country but cannot sort this bracket
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdelpopolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 10:22pm
Sorry, I was a little busy working on the interior. I've cleaned the front seat clothing and I'm renewing the roof.
About the lamps, attached you can find some picture where can be seen the bluish color I was refering to! I'm waiting the new white LEDs to make a comparison. As you can see the light are much brighter than the stock lamps. Also I've to check the voltage is not floating above the 12v, otherwise I'll mod the circuit to lower the voltage with an adjustable regulator (maybe a simple lm317 with a 10k potentiometer to a lower voltage to match the old luminosity? Or a 7808? A simple resistor/potentiometer? I've to investigate...)
schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 1:13pm
Wow you are going to need sunglasses even at night...

Keep the good work
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>