Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Jerks when cold

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote power of mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Jerks when cold
    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 9:00pm
Hello fellow Nissan owners,

Recently my Primera P12 2.2 DTI 93kw started having weird issue.

Basically when just starting driving car jerks when holding gas steady. It feels like I would be pressing brakes-accelerator-brakes-accelerator that kind of thing while I am just holding gas pedal steady like cruising. Also sometimes you push the gas to the end and the car does not react. Rpm's does not drop but does not go up either. You continue holding it and after around 2 seconds car wakes up and starts accelerating. I have noticed that sometimes while accelerating car instantly loses power while still holding pedal then it continues to operate normally. When driving for around 10-15 km problem is 90-95% gone. Sometimes it loses power like mentioned before but it happens very rarely and for like one second only. Also when stopping and starting to drive on warm engine after these 10-15 km problem does not occur. When driving on cold car jerks like crazy 

So far what I have noticed:

It does not depend on gear
It does not depend on speed
It depends if it has just started or engine warmed up for 10-15 km
It mostly happens on cold engine
It feels like it is because of some faulty sensor that "does not talk" well with the computer.

I suspect something with the fuel system because loss of power feels like diesel has been cut off for few seconds for example something with fuel pump

Also my guess was accelerator position sensor but it is weird that on warm engine problem is almost gone 

I would be grateful for any thoughts and insights. Maybe some of you had same or similar problem?
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 10:40am
Is there any possibility it does it when the indicators are on. I would suspect earth fault first and SVC second.

power of mad View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote power of mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 2:54pm
Thanks for reply.

No not really. I was driving fairly straight road for around 70 km's and I didn't had to use indicators at all 
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 10:19am
If you have not done the earth fix before it is so simple and cures so many issues we can at least eliminate that. I would also be looking at the two main earth straps from the batter. One goes to the transmission the other to the chassis. You must ensue they have no breaks and a sound connection.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote power of mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 9:05am
Thank you I will check these. I was out for night drive yesterday and car ran like a charm. It was very strange zero jerking on cold engine cruising/speeding nothing. It seemed like problem vanished completely.. However I still think that it will repeat itself
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote power of mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 12:44pm
It appears to be fuel pump mechanical part 
 Post Reply Post Reply