Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 audio malfunction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hibberd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 12:31pm
Hey thank you for your help,

so the:
(pink) went the red wire
(A yellow) went to the yellow wire
You made a ground for the black wire?
What about the orange and blue wire?

I've noticed you have lift the speaker wire in the original socket?

The problem I'm having is while I'm driving the radio cuts off back on and so on haha I have to hit the side unit for it to come back on I think there's a loose wire somewhere
perpakyrse View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote perpakyrse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 1:34pm
Those are the connections yes. I would check your own connections with the wiring diagram of your particular radio. I did extend the black ground wire on my radio and crimp on a spade connector for grounding.

For the speaker connections I cut the wires and crimped on 4mm insulated bullet connectors for connecting to the corresponding ISO wires on my aftermarket radio.

The orange wire on an ISO 10487 connector is for headunit screen dimming, which is a feature that my headunit did not support, so it remains unconnected.

The blue wire on the other hand is used for various things, amongst which is connecting it to an external amplifier for remote power (like the ignition for your headunit, wakes it up to draw power only when other accessories have power). If you are not considering adding a subwoofer or other audio gear requiring an external amplifier, leave this unconnected also.

So to clarify, with an additional aftermarket headunit mounted, the only connections to the original headunit (connector M51 W) are Yellow-Red, the two Yellow wires and a Red wire (pins 1-4). None of the speakers are connected to the original headunit (pins 5-12).

Useful links:
Pinout for the Primera headunit
The ISO standard for aftermarket headunits
Hibberd View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hibberd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 9:38pm
Thank you I'll try it out soon,

Have you still got the nissan head unit powered up aswell? witch I take it that's what the yellow/red wire is for then?
perpakyrse View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote perpakyrse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 10:19am
Yes, that is the sole reason i've "tapped into" the power wires of the original unit instead of cutting and connecting them directly to the replacement one. This way there is no possibility to trigger the SECURE message (at least to my knowledge, if the original radio doesn't self-destruct). 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12