Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan primera p12 headlight bulb change

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan primera p12 headlight bulb change
    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 10:30pm
I have a headlight which is blown. Can any one give any tips on how to remove the bulb housing. I am as far as being able to  loosen the battery to make space and remove the rubber cap over the electrical connection. There is no info on how to separate the power connector from the headlight bulb and i dont want to break the main supply connection. Can anyone help please.

Much appreciated
siraj
CarSpyTV View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarSpyTV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 1:19am
Do you know if it's a xenon or halogen bulb? 

If the former, I'd expect to see a large silver box (underneath the rubber dust cover).

If you're not sure, the year and trim of your car might help someone work it out. For example, the 2005 SVE has xenon in the UK. 
CarSpyTV. Join the fun at YouTube. Buying, driving, maintaining, and selling cars - because it's interesting!
siraj View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 8:24am
Good morning and thanks for your promo response. I have seen some YouTube videos from car spy tv and I must say they are very good.

It’s a 2003 model. On the boot it has a “z” mark in silver. Under the dust cover is a black box with two wires brown and white going in the box. I can see the part mounted to the body of the car which is silver however the box is black. The registration is NV03 UPZ. I’m not sure what type of bulb it is.
siraj
siraj View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 7:35pm

It’s a 2003 model. On the boot it has a “z” mark in silver. Under the dust cover is a black box with two wires brown and white going in the box. I can see the part mounted to the body of the car which is silver however the box is black. The registration is NV03 UPZ. I’m not sure what type of bulb it is. [/QUOTE]
siraj
CarSpyTV View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarSpyTV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 9:29pm
I suspect that's a halogen bulb. 

My car has the other type - so I can't see what you're seeing which makes it harder to help. 

However, I can quote from the owner's manual (for a 2005 car) which confirms how to replace a halogen. It says:

1. disconnect the battery negative terminal
  2. pull off the rubber cap
  3. disconnect the electrical connector from the rear end of the bulb
  4. push and turn the retaining pin to loosen it
  5. remove the headlight bulb.
Finally, reverse the procedure to fit the new bulb. Hope that points you in the right direction.

CarSpyTV. Join the fun at YouTube. Buying, driving, maintaining, and selling cars - because it's interesting!
patstonuk View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patstonuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 8:14am
Originally posted by CarSpyTV CarSpyTV wrote:

I suspect that's a halogen bulb. 

My car has the other type - so I can't see what you're seeing which makes it harder to help. 

However, I can quote from the owner's manual (for a 2005 car) which confirms how to replace a halogen. It says:

1. disconnect the battery negative terminal
  2. pull off the rubber cap
  3. disconnect the electrical connector from the rear end of the bulb
  4. push and turn the retaining pin to loosen it
  5. remove the headlight bulb.
Finally, reverse the procedure to fit the new bulb. Hope that points you in the right direction.

Yes, it's an easy enough job other than the difficulty of access with the battery on the nearside and the washer bottle filler neck on the offside both getting in the way! I've had to move the battery back in its tray and, on the other side, remove the filler neck (twist and lift clear). That's on a halogen-fitted 2003 P12.
siraj View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 12:21pm
Thank you very much. This may be pushing it a bit but is there anyway I can show you the electrical connection by sending a picture by email?

Thank you very much.
siraj
CarSpyTV View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarSpyTV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 6:57pm
Better to pop a picture on the forum. That way, everyone can see and/or help. 

There's also then a record for other people who have the same issue in the future. 

There's a guide on posting pictures under 'Forum Announcements & Help'. 
siraj View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 11:39pm
imageshack.com/user/siraj12.
Above is the link of the picture. Thankfully I managed to upload it which is a good result. Please copy and paste in to the address bar. Let me know your thoughts.

Many thanks for your help.
siraj
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 8:14am
Have a look here for some successful photo posting suggestionsThumbs Up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>