Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Drivers Window Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Drivers Window Issue
    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 11:30am
Hi all,

Just purchased an 04 P12 DCI t-spec estate which I'm really pleased with, however it has a few little niggles I'd like to fix. First I'm looking at is the drivers power window which doesn't move at all. There are no noises when the switch is pressed, but the control must be getting power as I can move all the other windows using it.

Is this likely to be a motor issue? Or something else? Is this a common fault by this age? What route should I take to diagnose/fix this issue? Just start replacing parts until it works or get the meter out to check connections?

Any help offered will be gratefully received!
Thanks,
Chris
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 9:39pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
So the window glass is in the upright closed position, it has not slipped down or feels loose in the frame, if that is the case and you have no noise from the motor or gearing then either no power to the motor or switch.

To be sure get the multimeter to both, if the motor has gone (unusual, it is normally the plastic clip to the glass) then you will have to replace the unit. Clip or motor it is a similar operation and DIY job.Thumbs Up
Chrisv View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 8:54pm
Thanks for the welcome and the advice. I shall have a look this weekend when I get time, I'll let you know the outcome!
Chrisv View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 8:07pm
So I checked the wiring thanks to the excellent service manual from here. All wiring is working as far as I can tell. I did continuity tests from the control unit to the motor plug and then used the control panel and the meter across the power and the switched grounds of the motor connection for up and down to check that battery voltage flowed.

So I think this points at the motor. I was considering manually connecting power to the motor in situ to check it definitely doesn't work and then it'll be time to buy a new motor.

When replacing the motor I guess you need to dismantle the whole mechanism. Does anyone have any tips/tricks on how best to approach this job?
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 6:20pm
Just follow the instruction in the Free Service manual its all listed there.Thumbs Up I just seem to remember when i replaced the broke glass clips it was impossible to stop the wires unwinding and it was a complete plain to re-assemble, there is a knack to it, because when it falls together its beautiful just took me hours.

Chrisv View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 7:44pm
Will do
 Post Reply Post Reply