Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 dead

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 dead
    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 6:11pm
Hi guys,

With the current covid problem and shielding we have not been out of the house since early March,
I tried the other day to get into the car to get something from the boot only to find that the battery is dead.

I have used my trickle charge battery charger for about a total of 8 hours now and just came from the car as I was going to "re-tune" my keys to it so the doors open, but after 8 hours there is nothing, not a light not even a dim light when I turn the car on.

Just before all this started I put a brand new battery in the car and I find it difficult to believe just 5 months later it wont take/hold a charge of could it be another problem I think I have heard of problems with the immobilizer after a flat battery.

If anyone can shed any light on this problem I will be very grateful

Thanks

Paul K. 
I think therefor I am.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 6:29pm
it sound like the battery has sulphated, it is totally wrecked, nothing to do what the car is doing, it is imperative that it always has charge. if you had some life in it you would get power to ancillaries and a rapid clicking but the management system will not let the engine turn over, the fact you can't get charge into it suggests sulphation.
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 11:20pm
Hi Paul. Return the battery to where you purchased it from, they will test it and should replace it if it is faulty. Ouch  You should not have to reset your keys. Thumbs Up
Roy
 Post Reply Post Reply