Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 2004 has a fault

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrsammiealex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 2004 has a fault
    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 7:20am
Nissan Primera p12 2004 petrol engine has a problem I've found hard to fix
Firstly as I drive and move for a few miles,say for 30mins in the morning,the car goes off,and cranks but doesn't start anymore, once I wait for about 1hr sometimes 30 mins it fires up again for another 20mins and then goes off again for another 40mins to an hour...I have tried earthing the tail light....and I don't know what else to do...I don't have lots of good mechanics around and I don't want them to rip me off...the engine runs fine and cool....please help me...
Estyfort View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Estyfort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 10:04am
Any CEL? The camshaft sensor seems the likely victim.
Mrsammiealex View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrsammiealex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 10:22am
The Camshaft sensor seems ok, I've changed it twice already
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrsammiealex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 12:45pm
I just checked that there is no charge entering the ignition coils
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 1:48pm
Can you check that your main earth strap on the car is attached at both ends and not broken.
Estyfort View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Estyfort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 11:04pm
With new oem sensors? CEL?
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrsammiealex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 12:32pm
Ok,I'll check
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrsammiealex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2020 at 1:22pm
I have checked main earth starps and all...then the performed an idle relearning and it seemed to work but it later stopped and started went on and on....they also talked about the throttle sensor one behind the engine and another close to the throttle...I'm exhausted don't know what to do
 Post Reply Post Reply