Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 GT - Tracking my Primera

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jakemashaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 10:09pm
Is this the sump you’re on about? Not sure it would fit a FWD?
schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 8:36am
If it is designed for a RWD, when you place it in a FWD, the baffles will only work in hard braking or strong accelerations, right? LOL
P10 Army - G20.net MOTM April ´09 - NPOC.co.uk COTM April ´11
tickermetcalfe View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tickermetcalfe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 10:20pm
Yes you are right it is for the inline SR20 

E

N
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tickermetcalfe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 10:35pm
So the options are buy the inline one and modify . Or ALIBABA have the capability to make them if provided with the information . possible that to make just one or two would be to costly ,so i will in the future be going option 1 . 
schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 9:46am
Wow I'm in if we contact with a little Chinese who fabricates a tailor made sump for us!
P10 Army - G20.net MOTM April ´09 - NPOC.co.uk COTM April ´11
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tickermetcalfe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 10:31pm
Maybe one of the younger  members who have the computer no how might take this up for us . then at least we would know if its a possibility re ALIBABA .
jakemashaw View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jakemashaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 5:42pm
I’ll send them an email and see if I can sort something!
Robc123 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robc123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 9:46pm
I can remember reading in cars and car conversions years ago an item about a Honda engined rovers racing series. They found out that by lowering the engine oil level from the maximum mark to the minimum mark you got an extra 6 horsepower and of course once one of them did it they all had to or you wouldn't win, I myself used to drive a Toyota that drank oil like no other car I've ever owned and I could tell when it needed a top up as the car went better when the oil was low. Is any of this valid for Primeras 🤔 Who knows ? Not me , anyways I always keep my oil level above the minimum and use the good stuff.😀
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tickermetcalfe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 10:38pm
Well done look forward to your info .
huugoo View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huugoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by Robc123 Robc123 wrote:

I can remember reading in cars and car conversions years ago an item about a Honda engined rovers racing series. They found out that by lowering the engine oil level from the maximum mark to the minimum mark you got an extra 6 horsepower and of course once one of them did it they all had to or you wouldn't win, I myself used to drive a Toyota that drank oil like no other car I've ever owned and I could tell when it needed a top up as the car went better when the oil was low. Is any of this valid for Primeras 🤔 Who knows ? Not me , anyways I always keep my oil level above the minimum and use the good stuff.😀

Yes, your engine will be faster with less oil in it. Much hotter also...
It depends on so many things if you can get away with it, without risking engine damage. So i would advise not to do this and always try and keep your oil level near maximum.

There are better ways to make some power. If you want those 5-10 horses from your SR20, go for a crank girdle delete (Not all SR20's have a girdle) and/or put in a crank scraper and windage tray.
Daily: '03 Forester SG5 XT, TD04, Ecutek, 3" exhaust
Summer-daily: '84 Sunny B11 E16S, Weber, header, DBilas camshaft
Summer-daily II: '88 Sunny B12 Florida E16S
Tracktool: '97 Primera P11,5 20V
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12