Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Only fans running car won't start

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Only fans running car won't start
    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 5:39pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
it sounds as if you may have several things going on at the same time.
I'm not quite sure what was involved in you fule pump service, but I wonder if they did a reset on it?
Have you an engine management light on?
Maybe we can these two with one stoen, this procedure will read and error codes and reset your pump

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-all-engines-read-reset-ecu-fuel-pump_topic54932.html

when you do it correctly just count the flashes of the light it will give a repeating sequence of four digits, 10 flashes representing zero to get your repeating four digit code.

The key transponder issue may be down to dirt around the ignition barrel which house the NATS antennae amp. Take the steering column shroud off to reach the ignition barrel the antennae is a small box with the steel ring around the barrel just give this a gentle clean.Thumbs Up 

Anything more that that apart from coming aback here if you find an error code and a trip back to the garage maybe necessary.

roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 12:03pm
Hi Vee.  Welcome to NPOC.  Handshake  It sounds like you have a problem with the NATS.. Nissan Anti-Theft System. Get your car onto a Code Reader, and see if that brings anything up. Thumbs Up
Roy
Vee Chida View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vee Chida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 11:02am
hello everyone.

I need some help. I have a Nissan primera manual p12 dci yd22 2003 diesel car. The problem started when I had the fuel pump serviced. That's when i got the yellow light on the radio screen that's written secured. Trying to correct this I got the only key I have reprogrammed but it didn't solve the problem.

Now out of the blue randomly sometimes during driving the car just switches off. The temperature gauge drops to the bottom fans kick in and the car won't start. It cranks but won't start. I have changed the temperature sensor and the fuel rail pressure sensor. But the problem randomly persists. Being a lady I find myself stuck for hours sometimes before I can get help.
Please help with directions because I really like my car. Thank you
 Post Reply Post Reply