Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 saloon suspension lift

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 saloon suspension lift
    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 7:34pm
Thinking about getting one of these kits (approx £100) to raise the car 2-3cm. Anyone ever tried doing this? Usually folks do the opposite I guess. Seems to be no reason not to, insurance and car safety-wise; unless I've overlooked something major (likely - I'm not too good with cars). there are 2 methods - one involves 4 spacers on each suspension rod, the other (which sounds a bunch of hassle) involves spacers on the axles, somewhere.
Any info would be appreciated before I dive in and wreck my car
schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 7:23am
Model Year?
P10 Army - G20.net MOTM April ´09 - NPOC.co.uk COTM April ´11
johnbr6 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnbr6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 8:39am
Depends how high you want to go.

I would suggest coilovers and raising the ride height instead of lowering or even air ride.

Maybe there are companies who can cater for this and could make custom shocks and springs that give you a small lift over stock.

Spacers don’t sound safe, at least with raising coilovers you’re not risking anything
P11 SRi
sleizen View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 3:32pm
Its a primera 1.8SE, 2003, saloon. Those spacers can't be that shit otherwise they'd never sell any; seem to meet all the safety standards and whatnot. Just seems an easier way of getting 30mm lift; this is a daft vanity project, let's face it! Also the coilovers cost more like £500 from what I can see.
 Post Reply Post Reply