Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 1.8 battery replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
sleizen View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 1.8 battery replacement
    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 8:50am
well there's sure some bs about - no issues with removing the battery. And for some 2021 advice, you can get a new battery £53 at independent places, rather than £94 at halfords. 
My multimeter tests up to 10A, I'm not sure how to measure current-holding of the battery without it burning out. Would I take a reading with the ignition off?
CarSpyTV View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarSpyTV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 10:56pm

For a small sum, I bought a battery tester for my P12. I can therefore:
  • get more information than my multimeter provides
  • check the battery regularly without having to visit a garage
  • know whether the battery is towards the end of its life and - if it is - replace it before there's a breakdown.
You might find a battery tester handy, too. 

CarSpyTV. Join the fun at YouTube. Buying, driving, maintaining, and selling cars - because it's interesting!
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 10:41pm
You will have no problems with a battery swap. Thumbs Up
Roy
sleizen View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 10:38pm
Nearly replaced my battery today as my gf had left interior light on overnight. The breakdown dude charged it, took a reading and says, "its only 70 mate - should be 470AH. This battery's scrap". Well after a one mile trip to halfords, the tech took a reading of 200 and says "if its gone up that much after 5 minutes driving, try it tomorrow morning after a few miles driving". Which I will, but is a regular multimeter up to the job?
Thanks to halfords for taking the time to give advice, did not expect to leave the place having spent £0... but has he got a point? His meter decided all cells were ok. Cos £100 battery change is no fun, I blew £200 on a new exhaust Friday so I'm done with spending for a bit!
I heard removing primera battery messes withe the ecu, is it a big deal?
 Post Reply Post Reply