Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Instrument Cluster

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkNPOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Instrument Cluster
    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 9:33am
When I put my indicators on they are racing and the main beam symbol (when the lights are om) flickers on and off.
As a starter thought I'd check all connections on the cluster but don't know how to take it off, so if anyone knows I would be grateful, thank you.
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 11:45am
As a rule, if you are getting anything funky happening when you are using your indicators, it will 99% of the time point to an earthing problem on the car and in your rear light units.

I strongly suggest you follow the below how to first (easy DIY on your driveway) and see if that solves the problems:

Good luck and let us know how you get on :)

Shaun
fossyant View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fossyant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 9:03pm
Get the electrical contact cleaner out. Magic stuff. Fixed my airbag issues many times.
 Post Reply Post Reply