Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Rough running when cold

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote driver steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Rough running when cold
    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 4:18pm
Hi I have a nissan primera p12 2003 1.8 petrol
When it is cold and wet in the morning the engine starts first time every time but when I start driving it miss fire's and judders along for the first mile or two and then runs normal when it's dry outside it doesn't do it I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and what they did to cure it any help will be appreciated thanks
petterg View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petterg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 4:28am
My best idea is a buggy MAF sensor. It's giving wrong temperature or humidity data to the ECU.
Try to disconnect the sensor cable before a cold (and wet) start to see if anything changes. It will jump into limp mode after some minutes, but it should be running ok in the range 0-2000rpm.

MAF cable is the one that connects to the air hose out from the air filter box outlet.

To reset the fault code you've created (if you don't have a code scanner), turn off the engine, reconnect the cable, let the ignition be off for at least 10 minuets, run the engine for at least 10 minutes, let ignition be off for at least 10 minuets, run the engine for at least 10 minutes, let ignition be off for at least 10 minuets, run the engine for at least 10 minutes. (Total of 3 engine startups.) At least this method works on EGR cable disconnect fault on DCI engine. I suppose it works on other engines too.
driver steve View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote driver steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 6:54pm
Thanks for your advice I will check the sensor
 Post Reply Post Reply