Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 brake problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTLE2.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 brake problem
    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 9:42pm
I've got a p11 GTLE and I've never been happy with the brakes, they feel like there's too much resistance when you first hit them , they work okay but have no initial bite , always Mots fine , I've had two of these cars and the other one was the same, any ideas?
Grim View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

r1pp3R

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 12:35am
Can’t say I’ve ever had that issue with any of mine and I have had more than a few. No offence but you sure it’s not your driving style 😁
Sorry I scraped all those primeras ☹️
schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 10:25am
You can replace the pads looking for more initial "bite"

Compounds are very different, but sadly I cannot help since I run wilwood calipers on mine.

Ferodo is a very good make talking about pads, but if you go up to ds2500... they use to need some warm up to give their best and I don't know your driving stile or what are you looking for exactly.

People I know who knows a lot about brakes always use Carbone Lorraine for that initial bite but I don't know if that make has pads for P11. Carbone Lorraine has more bite than Ferodo but always talking in track day use, tbh I don't know in the first brake after 8 hours parked in the street.
P10 Army - G20.net MOTM April ´09 - NPOC.co.uk COTM April ´11
 Post Reply Post Reply