Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 black & white screen to colour
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 black & white screen to colour

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isbou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 black & white screen to colour
    Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 11:26am
Hello dear members,
I have a P12 that came without nav system nor rear camera, I would like to know to proceed to change the native screen which is black&white to  a color one I pick from another p12. so that maybe I can install a rear camera.
petterg View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petterg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 10:29pm
To my understanding the screen and connected systems in this car is very complicated. It also involves some anti theft functions. I wouldn't put much effort into going that route. But if you decide to do so, please document the process for others that might want to do the same.
isbou View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isbou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 12:14pm
Okay thank you for your answer
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 6:47pm
It has been done, both the screen upgrade and rear camera retro fit, the later really depends on whether the loom is fitted for the camera module on the offside rear quarter in the boot.

A thorough search on this site ought to reveal how others have done this
isbou View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isbou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 2:19pm
Thanks timeshock for your reply, I deeply search in this site but did not find how others did it, could you please assist me?
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 8:40am
Have a look here, it starts with head unit and I think it goes on to the screen, not for the faint hearted and fraught with major difficulty

https://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-p12-aftermarket-headunit_topic51342_page2.html

isbou View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isbou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 9:10am
Thanks, I'll go read it and see if I can follow. 
isbou
isbou View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isbou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 9:59am
I read all the thread, it talk about changing audio unit, not upgrading screen from black to color one.
Seems this is not done before :(
isbou
 Post Reply Post Reply