Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old member finally with a Primera

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Fletch View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 7:22am
Originally posted by RS Tom-Hundred RS Tom-Hundred wrote:

Nice one! Welcome back and love to see a nice P10 too. Looks a good one

Give the aerial plenty of wd40 over a period of weeks and then see if you can pull it out by hand (gently) if you can, clean it up and maybe oil it etc and you may be lucky. Depends if the motor has been burnt out though over the years then you may have to address that after you have dealt with the seizing.

That's along the lines of what I did on my old P10 saloon back in the day anyway and got it working again from memory

Awesome, thanks for the info man. It’s not the end of the world if it’s dead, just something quite cool about the old mechanical ariels isn’t there 😂
Quaily View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quaily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 3:59am
Last I heard from Chris... he was in New Zealand big into the motorsports scene
H492 WVV, R124 DPP, W609 CBW
Gone but never forgotten.
Quaily View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quaily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 3:58am
Fletch Lives

…. sorry couldn't resist that one

Enjoy the P10, used to have one and it was nigh on unbreakable.
H492 WVV, R124 DPP, W609 CBW
Gone but never forgotten.
RS Tom-Hundred View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Condiment King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RS Tom-Hundred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 11:47pm
Nice one! Welcome back and love to see a nice P10 too. Looks a good one

Give the aerial plenty of wd40 over a period of weeks and then see if you can pull it out by hand (gently) if you can, clean it up and maybe oil it etc and you may be lucky. Depends if the motor has been burnt out though over the years then you may have to address that after you have dealt with the seizing.

That's along the lines of what I did on my old P10 saloon back in the day anyway and got it working again from memory

Fletch View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 10:19pm
Thank you! Yeah the badge on the car says GS, but according to the V5 and I guess the single point, it's a GSi. Who knew. The head unit is a nice touch but will probably replaced by a more modern unit at some point!! Doesn't seem to work all too well, nor does the electric ariel Unhappy
schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 8:56pm
Welcome back!

Nice to see another single point injected in top conditions.

Loving the oem headunit!
P10 Army - G20.net MOTM April ´09 - NPOC.co.uk COTM April ´11
Fletch View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Fletch Fletch wrote:

I definitely will have appear within Chris at a couple of JAE meets back on the day yes!

Oops! Deffo didn’t appear ‘within’ Chris haha (yikes), but yes will have attended with him at some point!
Fletch View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 10:04am
Hi Shaun,

I know, I know haha! The best things sometimes take the longest time eh!

I definitely will have appear within Chris at a couple of JAE meets back on the day yes!

Cheers Shaun
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 9:58am
Hello mate and welcome back :)

You've been a member for 13 years haha, you took your time in finally bagging a Primera but it looks to have been worth the wait - Nice Ten!

Did you ever appear at a Club Meet with Chris? I remember seeing him a couple of times I think.

Enjoy the forums and take care,
Shaun
Fletch View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 8:56am
Nice! Thank you, I think it will be a low burner but eventually, I’m sure it’ll be fantastic!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>