Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old member finally with a Primera

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Condiment King

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RS Tom-Hundred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 11:47pm
Nice one! Welcome back and love to see a nice P10 too. Looks a good one

Give the aerial plenty of wd40 over a period of weeks and then see if you can pull it out by hand (gently) if you can, clean it up and maybe oil it etc and you may be lucky. Depends if the motor has been burnt out though over the years then you may have to address that after you have dealt with the seizing.

That's along the lines of what I did on my old P10 saloon back in the day anyway and got it working again from memory

Quaily View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quaily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 3:58am
Fletch Lives

…. sorry couldn't resist that one

Enjoy the P10, used to have one and it was nigh on unbreakable.
H492 WVV, R124 DPP, W609 CBW
Gone but never forgotten.
Quaily View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quaily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 3:59am
Last I heard from Chris... he was in New Zealand big into the motorsports scene
Fletch View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 7:22am
Originally posted by RS Tom-Hundred RS Tom-Hundred wrote:

Nice one! Welcome back and love to see a nice P10 too. Looks a good one

Give the aerial plenty of wd40 over a period of weeks and then see if you can pull it out by hand (gently) if you can, clean it up and maybe oil it etc and you may be lucky. Depends if the motor has been burnt out though over the years then you may have to address that after you have dealt with the seizing.

That's along the lines of what I did on my old P10 saloon back in the day anyway and got it working again from memory

Awesome, thanks for the info man. It’s not the end of the world if it’s dead, just something quite cool about the old mechanical ariels isn’t there 😂
Fletch View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 7:27am
Originally posted by Quaily Quaily wrote:

Last I heard from Chris... he was in New Zealand big into the motorsports scene

Ahh hey Quaily, glad to see you’re recently back as well and doing great! You’re correct about Chris although it’s Oz not NZ. He no longer works in motorsport but instead manages a fleet of commercially/off roady vehicles which his company leases out to aboriginal communities! He enjoys his work. This week he moved from Darwin in the north to Brisbane along the east coast as they finally got their full citizenship. I will be attending his wedding hopefully next year if the world sorts itself out!

Nice to here from you man and welcome back too! I’ve seen a lovely dark blue GT on eBay. Get it snapped up!!
Quaily View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quaily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 9:00am
Haha, nice to hear you stay in touch with him. I stayed in touch on Facebook when we stopped meeting at the Humber Bridge. I really want another GT.... you’ve no idea how much I miss the black one. Told my wife we shoulda left it on the driveway under a tarp, give it a few year and contact Fuzz and Tim lol 😂
Fletch View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Quaily Quaily wrote:

Haha, nice to hear you stay in touch with him. I stayed in touch on Facebook when we stopped meeting at the Humber Bridge. I really want another GT.... you’ve no idea how much I miss the black one. Told my wife we shoulda left it on the driveway under a tarp, give it a few year and contact Fuzz and Tim lol 😂

Yes! Still best mates, hopefully always will be. I also went out to Oz to visit him a couple of years ago. Gave me the keys to his R32 GTR for the week whilst he was at work!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, key your eyes peeled. You’ll get another one man 👍

All the best
Quaily View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quaily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 7:47pm
Here’s hoping. He does have a nice R32 like 👍
Had2manycars View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Had2manycars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 4:11pm
guess mine must be single injected to 2litre gs same air filter so had thought it was carb, see you are E'yorks me to Beverley.
Fletch View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Had2manycars Had2manycars wrote:

guess mine must be single injected to 2litre gs same air filter so had thought it was carb, see you are E'yorks me to Beverley.

Ahh no way, that’s awesome! Im from Hull, south cave area! Small world. Yeah don’t think it’s a carb just single point injection.

Seems like my head gasket has gone though as there appears to be milky residue under the oil cap 😔
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>