Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P10 throttle issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3rc3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P10 throttle issues
    Posted: 25 May 2021 at 1:41pm
Hello, my name is Alex and I'm posting in hopes of finally finding out what's wrong with my P10. It's a 1992 Nissan Primera P10 2.0eGT with roughly 360,000km,original engine, never opened.

There are 3 main issues right now that I think might be all connected :

-when cold starting, it seems as if it doesnt want to (not sure how to describe)
I have a video of this particular issue: https://youtu.be/9hrB8rw3534

-when driving, if i mildly accelerate, the car starts hiccuping, but if I let go of the throttle, and imediately press it again, issue doesnt repeat.

-1st gear, or 2nd gear, If I slam full throttle, the car behaves as if it has massive turbo lag. From 1000RPM to roughly 3000RPM(pro tip: mine is still NA, sadly 😬)

I've done a massive amount of things to try and fix this, some are related, some are not, but at this point, paranoia has set in as I've been trying to fix this for the past 3 years, on and off.

-checked TPS and voltage
-cleaned MAF
-replaced MAF with a known working unit
-replaced air filter
-replaced fuel filter (multiple times)
-replaced plugs (Debso IK20TT iridium plugs)
-replaced plug leads
-replaced distributor cap and rotor
-replaced ignition module(?)
-replaced the high tension lead
-tuned idle (in the correct mode)
-replaced injectors
-replaced injector o-rings
-replaced fuel ramp
-cleaned IACV
-checked timing
-Nissan Datascan shows all values in the correct ranges but could not detect any abnormalities when driving and symptoms act up
-No DTCs present
-replaced fuel pump
-replaced temp sensor (red plug)

I might be forgetting something but if anyone has any idea I'll probably remember if I've done it or not

This is pretty much the jist and right now im clueless as to what it might be. The car sat for like a year after an accident before I bought it. Prrvious owner was a friend, and before he moved away and had the accident, I drove it multiple times, and it never behaved like this.

Thank you in advance, even if nothing comes up.

Kind regards,
Alex
fourohh View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fourohh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 8:55pm
FWIW,
My P11 would "hesitate" before starting in cold weather. Never actually failed to start.
Occasionally would stall when pulling away from traffic lights etc., and there may have been a bit of lag with the accelerator.
The voltage of the battery appeared to be good, however, when a new battery was fitted all these problems disappeared.
You have probably checked that, but if not...
P11 1998 2.0ltr SE Sedan
M3rc3r View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3rc3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 9:57am
Originally posted by fourohh fourohh wrote:

FWIW,
My P11 would "hesitate" before starting in cold weather. Never actually failed to start.
Occasionally
would stall when pulling away from traffic lights etc., and there may
have been a bit of lag with the accelerator.
The voltage of the battery appeared to be good, however, when a new battery was fitted all these problems disappeared.
You have probably checked that, but if not...

I'm not entirely sure it might be that, but you pointed me to another possiblr solution that I neglected to check (*facepalm*), which is the negative ground for the battery that bolts up to the gearbox.. I'm going to check it and report back.

Meanwhile if
 Post Reply Post Reply