Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 GT SR20VE engine swap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike712 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 GT SR20VE engine swap
    Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 5:24pm
Hello!

Been ages since I've popped in here, and almost as long since I said hi at castle combe.

My old P11 GT LE is almost back on the road after a year and a half bare shell restoration. Having tracking done tomorrow, MoT at the end of the week, then for some fun modifications.

It's looking great, pictures soon I promise.

I'm looking to do the SR20VE swap, is it still possible to gain access to the private members section?

I remember it being a trove of information for such subjects. Is the club still running to some extent? Can I still buy membership to access the private forums?

I've just paid for an SR20VE to be delivered from Japan, I'm ok on the mechanical side of things, it should be pretty much a straight swap, but to get the NEOVVL (variable valve timing) to work, I think I recall needing a race/mapable ECU. 

Any info on this would be hugely appreciated. I'm not doing this myself, but just would like to keep the research costs down at the garage I'm taking it to and I know the info on such things is buried somewhere on this forum.

Kind regards,
Mike
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 2:20pm
hi mike, it's pretty much a yes to most of your questions, club is still running, though not as hectic as in the past, and yes, you can still get paid membership to access all areas..

look forward to seeing how you get along with the SR20VE
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
Mike712 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike712 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 4:47pm
Great to hear the the club still exists! I will be registering.

Good news on the swap I've spoken to Horsham Developments, who seem very knowledgeable on the subject.

I was initially going to buy a nistune daughter board and do the cam switching with MSD RPM window switches, but I've been advised to go with a master black re-mapable ECU that will also handle the cam switching.

The car is out of the body shop MoT'd, taxed and home for the first time in 2 years, awaiting arrival of it's new motor from Japan.

Mike712 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike712 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 4:53pm

Post Reply Post Reply