Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 CD player packed up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny355 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 CD player packed up
    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 4:20am
I have a P12, T-Spec, 2.0, auto, which I like a lot. Only problem is the CD player has packed up. It swallowed a CD and is being a bit stingy about giving it back. The radio works fine. It's just the CD that is a no go area now.

I want to install a Grom unit to get some music in the car again. Am I right in thinking a Grom will have to be installed somewhere on the car OTHER than in the stereos slot? Otherwise you lose control of the heater and A/C? Anyone got any advice as to where a good place to put it might be?

Any tips much appreciated, I've not had a Grom before,

Cheers,

-Danny
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 7:42am
Welcome to NPOC Danny,

Do you have Factory Sat Nav? Removal of the DVD Drive will lose the Display and HVAC Control.

Cheap solution to get music in the Car, is a Bluetooth FM Transmitter.
Had one in the Mrs old Car and it worked pretty well.

Stuck CD
https://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-p12-disc-stuck-in-cd-player_topic14557.html

XCarlink fitting. Similar to the Grom
https://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-xcarlink-iphone-fitting_topic42232.html
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 8:34am
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake

fine advice given there. a search on the forum may reveal the success of someone fitting another unit by managing to push back the original unit and keeping it wired in.
 Post Reply Post Reply