Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 radio code help please

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Coat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 radio code help please
    Posted: 01 Apr 2022 at 4:22pm
Question
Hello Owners club experts,
New member here.
I bought a very nice condition Sunderland-made p11 in France last year but the radio screen was faulty.
I managed to buy another identical Blaupunkt from another car in a Belgian scrapyard.
However, no sign of the code anywhere. The local French Nissan dealer said computer says 'no'. They can't find it.
(The Belgian scrappy helpfully has sent me a pic of a sticker he found under passenger feet area, which has 8001 or 9001 written on - first digit not clear. Could this be it?) 

If I post the chassis number SJN etc here
and the radio serial number BP etc here

Would anyone have a trick to help me find the code please? Without going through a dodgy looking website...

Many many thanks, I haven't taken the old one out yet, btw.

Tony.  (ex-pat in Northern France)
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2022 at 5:20pm
Hi Tony. Welcome to NPOC. Handshake  I cannot help you with this problem.  Ouch  But I'm sure someone will be along who can. Thumbs Up
Roy
Tony Coat View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Coat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2022 at 1:29pm
Thanks Roy!
I'll post the chassis number
and radio serial number later today.Ying Yang
Thumbs Up
Tony Coat View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Coat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2022 at 8:12pm
Primera p11 (sold in Belgium, made in Sunderland)
chassis no.  SJNFEAP11U0517432
Blaupunkt no.  BP9345Y5116730

If anyone could help me out with the 4 digit radio code, please.

Many thanks. Big smile
Tony.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2022 at 9:13am
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake Can't help you with a P11 code I'm afraid, I would try getting in touch with the scrapyard again, try to find the last owner and hence the code. If the scrapyard is reluctant maybe he can get in touch with him or at least give you the details of the donor car so you could research the owner Thumbs Up
Tony Coat View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Coat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2022 at 9:18pm
Thanks Timeshock, so the previous owner (if they kept the manuals/code) is the only solution? ShockedConfused
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 7:15am
Hey Tony - I know that on other models of Nissans, you can get an unlock code online based on the serial number and model of your factory Nissan stereo (I did this for my daughters Nissan Note etc) but I've never seen this done for any model of Primera etc, so I think the only way would be from the previous owner, or swap out for a cheapy aftermarket stereo.

Enjoy the forums and take care,
Shaun
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Tony Coat Tony Coat wrote:

Thanks Timeshock, so the previous owner (if they kept the manuals/code) is the only solution? ShockedConfused

I think so, it's basically an anti theft feature so it would be unlikely that posting up an answer on a forum was a good thing to do even if is is genuinely helpful in cases like yours.

You could try contacting the main dealer with the cars documentation and VIN code 

P11 Graeme View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote P11 Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2022 at 8:12am
Tony,
It COULD be your lucky day!

I work for Nissan Technical Centre - Europe and I have contacts.

I managed to get radio codes before for my own P11 radios when I purchased a car without a radio code.

I will try to obtain the code for you from the Belgium car details you have supplied.
Regards
P11 Graeme
Tony Coat View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Coat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 11:46pm
Hi Graeme,
Many thanks for your reply :)
I was beginning to lose hope, so didn't check back in the last fortnight...
Here's trusting you can pull some strings with your contacts!
All the best,
thanks again,
Tony.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>