Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 bad fuel economy!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atuman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 bad fuel economy!
    Posted: 12 Dec 2007 at 3:14am
Hi,

I've just registered on the forum and wanted some help regarding my petrol p11 2.0 litre SE automatic.. (I am based in Ealing London)  and bought this car with 110000 miles on the clock with full service history and was very pleased ith it until a month back when it started giving an awful consumption of petrol. I had topped up the tank and it gave me 180 miles (city) against £65 worth of fuel. I have just changed the spark plugs and the air filter but was wondering if i need to do anything else..?? One thing coming to my mind was to get it programmed from Nissan seeing if its lost its original settings.! ANY HELP WOULD BE GR8LY APPRECIATED.

cheersThumbs%20Up
Stevie-Boy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Legend Elite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie-Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2007 at 9:34am
Hi and welcome to the club.

That is shocking MPG, that's impreza economy!

Did anything happen to the car just before you started seeing bad MPG? 

Any strange symptoms or anything new in the way it drives?
2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Member of the Month: Jan 2014
ex P11 Si, P11 GT, P11-144 Sport+, P11 GT Turbo, P11-144 Wagon, Subaru Legacy B4 RSK, 350z, Type R
atuman View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atuman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2007 at 6:34pm
Hi Stevie-Boy,

thanks for replying! I bought this car about 1 and a half month back and have tried to maintain it as much as possible! its an SE version with leather seats etc. I've changed spark plugs and air filter as well (oil and oil filter was not changed since mechanic said it doesnt need it ).. i simply don't know why its taking so much fuel! i've scheduled to get it checked from Nissan, maybe they can tell me whats wrong with it? Do u have any ideas what this might be..?? cheers

Blue View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Sick End

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2007 at 6:47pm
Hopefully we'll have some suggestions from some of the members here as we're blessed with quite a few in the knowThumbs%20Up

Welcome to NPOC.
shade View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2007 at 7:03pm
Hi atuman and welcome along.

A knackered o2 sensor could cause the car to overfuel. Does it smell fumey? Is the exhaust tip overly black?

Best to hook it up to CONSULT or similar to see if anything shows up before you do anything though!

Ade.
RIP 10, hello Connect! :(
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2007 at 9:06pm

Welcome to NPOC

£65 is around 14 gallons. With city driving and an auto you will be lucky to get 20mpg, so should be getting nearly 300 miles from £65.

What plugs did you put in? The Primera should have NGK. I can't remember if it is the BRK5E or BRK6E.
scoobysn7x View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoobysn7x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2007 at 10:53pm
There most be somehting amiss I get around 350 mile on £40 in petrol and that in my primera 2.0 Auto, not somthing stupid like a leaking fuel tank??,
rowdy-gti View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowdy-gti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2007 at 10:49am
Clean the MAF
Almera GTi Track Car: 8200rpm DE 191.8whp 211hp @ fly 156lbs torque 1/4 Mile 13.83 @ 101.75. 974kg without driver.....
Mad Maru View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC's longest "to do" list!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mad Maru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2007 at 1:29pm
I would say clean the MAF also mine in due the same treatment as the fuel ecconomy has suffered recently & the air filter is real dirty...
Katie View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

The property of The Spastics Society

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2007 at 1:41pm
Welcome to NPOC

Hope you get your fueling sorted out Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>