Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > NPOC Car Of The Month > 2007 Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

May 2007 - Modsman (P10)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
NPOC_COTM View Drop Down
NPOC Staff
NPOC Staff

COTM Staff

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NPOC_COTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: May 2007 - Modsman (P10)
    Posted: 18 Jan 2008 at 2:36am

Congratulations go to Rob (Modsman) for being Car of the Month May 2007. His fantastic P10eGT is a stunning example, modified with care!

Well done Rob, how does it feel to win the CotM award?

Shocked, I didn’t expect it at all. It’s wonderful thanks.

Before we chat about your car, we’d like to hear a bit about the man himself!

Well I am an I.T manager and catering engineer working for my family.

I am 37, soon to be 38 but going on 17 he he. Love modding cars, partying all night (don’t get to much now) and listening to good music.

How did you come to own this particular car? Have you had any other Primera before this one?

Well I bought it off a member of NPOC actually, travelled about 250 miles to get it and fell in love with it as soon as I drove it Before this I had a white 1.6 P10, I did a lot to it till the engine gave out!

As one of our long standing members, how did you originally come to find NPOC?

I actually found and joined two clubs on the same day as both of them looked good. I was searching for parts and info on the P10 as I had a problem with the electrics.

We all know and love you as one of the die-hard ten army, what is it you love so much about the tens?

Ahh well, it’s the perfect balance of power and handling that they have, it’s fantastic. That coupled with a great engine and good looks, well it’s a great all round car.

Is this your first journey into car modification or have you done this sort of thing before?

Oh no, I have modded all my cars from a Mini to a Rover 820, I took that to the Lax power show and beat the JBL show car, they were not impressed! I love the challenge of fitting something that’s not supposed to fit on my car, that and loud music.

Well, you’re not called Modsman for nothing, give us your spec list!

On the outside it’s almost standard except for the lights which are a quad light conversion off another member, and then the 17" wheels off another member, they look great.

Then under the bonnet the engine has had the timing advanced to 17 degrees, it’s breathing through an Apexi filter and Autochrome header linked to a stainless steel exhaust system with no cat.

There is an anti roll bar fitted and a few bling bits like the gold battery clamps, I have just started to clean up under the bonnet so it’s a long way off showing.

We have to talk about the boot install and the gadgetry! Your car is loaded with audio, toys and gadgets, can you talk us through that?

Yeah sure, inside the car is where most of the mods are. I have a full pc built into the dashboard with a 7" TFT touch screen and a consult link to the ECU which allows me to see what the engine is doing at all times. In the dash are a LCD voltmeter and all the switches to control the lighting and pc which is run off an inverter in the boot. I also have 2 plasma discs, 1 plasma ball, 2 plasma tubes and 1 UV lamp as well as a full under body kit and under dash lighting!!

I have a DVD head unit for audio and also a CD recorder installed in the pc so if anyone needs any music burning he he!

In the back of the car will be two screens for the DVD player, those will be fitted in time for the shows. And in the boot, I have 2x10" subs running off a JVC 400watt amp and 2x6x9’s running off the head unit. It’s putting out 132 Db last time I had it tested.

Any pipeline plans for the ten you’d care to let slip?!

Well I am hoping to get my big brake kit fitted before JAE and I want to get some paintwork fixed, thanks to some nice kids who think it’s funny to scratch the bonnet. Other than that you’ll have to wait to see he he!

We all know you had a little dash fire in the car not so long ago but bounced back ultra quick, is there anything that would part you and your ten?

A big accident and large payout might buy me a skyline but other than that, I will be keeping the ten for a long time.

With an unlimited fund, what would you most like to do with the car?

Full stripdown and rebuild, new paint and a turbo’d engine he he he!

As a popular face around the shows, are you hoping to do the big shows this year?

I will be at modified nationals for the first time this year, looking forward to that and of course I’ll be joining NPOC at JAE this year.

Congratulations again for winning Car of the Month, your motor and yourself are hugely deserving of the award. Please give your shouts and thanks to anyone you wish:

I’d like to thank all the people who have helped me along the way, Markbuts whom I got my first parts off, Gobbo for the wheels and all the others who have donated bits of their cars, for money of course he he!

Car of the Month May 2007 – Modsman – P10eGT

Written by Stevie-Boy

Post Reply Post Reply