Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi from Newbie to all. Have question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil I Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi from Newbie to all. Have question
    Posted: 20 May 2007 at 2:40pm
Just acquired a 98 QX 2.0L SE Auto - Gunmetal Grey Metallic Saloon 51K genuine.Condition immaculate,have seen new cars in showrooms not comparable. Was considering a new Picanto 1.1 LX Auto when this motor came to my attention. In days of yore I used to do all my own servicing but am now so old and feeble, cannot and really do not, wish to fling the spanners about again. Can anyone recommend a reliable garage (or individual) within 50m radius of Frome - Somerset that I could trust with this treasure for routine servicing. I know its not a Primera (looks like one at the front) but I am reliably informed has lots of parts in common. Thanks in advance

Phil I
P12DMR View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P12DMR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 2:59pm
I had a 2.0L SE Qx mate lovely motor,loads of extras and kit for your money ,just a little thirstyUnhappy,but that aside was a real pleasure to own and drive,don't see that many about this way which is no bad thing to, makes it more exclusive .Don't come from your way so can't really help with servicing but there quite easy really to work on, plus the spark plugs where platinum so didn't need changing for ages.Some parts maybe the same as primera but not sure.So good luck with it mateBig%20smile

Sam View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
NPOC Gardener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 3:01pm
is it the belt driven or chain driven v6???
Phil I View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil I Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 3:18pm
Sam :It is the chain V6 so no problems with cam belt breaking.

P12DMR : Could not agree more. Am over the moon with this motor. MPG not a factor for me only do 5/6000per year so can afford to fill the tank and forget.

Happy QX Motoring Phil I
Sam View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
NPOC Gardener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 3:28pm
if you need someone to service it my dad is an RAC man of 24 years, (on the sick atm high bp ) but he sed hes happy to do it for a fee an hour, as long as you arrive with the following:-

oil,
oil filter,
fuel filter,
air filter,
front and rear pads,
the crushable sump nut washer,  
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 11:17pm
Big welcome to NPOC, the QX is near enough anywaysClap

Enjoy the forums and take care,
Shaun
Blue View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Sick End

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 8:22am
Welcome to NPOC mateSmile
RS Tom-Hundred View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Condiment King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RS Tom-Hundred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 11:10am
Welcome Smile

m3rlin View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3rlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 11:39am
V6 Nice, welcome along.
 Post Reply Post Reply