Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > NPOC Car Of The Month > 2006 Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

February 2006 - GT786 (P11)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Staff
NPOC Staff

COTM Staff

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NPOC_COTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: February 2006 - GT786 (P11)
    Posted: 14 Jun 2007 at 6:30am

Congratulations go to Tan (GT786) for winning Car of the Month for February 2006.

His lovely Primera GT shows how carefully chosen styling and modification make for glorious results!

Well done Tan, how does it feel to win Car of the Month?

Absolutely chuffed to bits! It was a pleasant surprise. Over Christmas I uploaded some pics to the Members Cars area, I guess it did the trick!! So all those that want a chance of becoming COTM, get uploading your pics now!!

It takes more than pics to win this award Tan!! Can you tell us a bit about yourself and your interests?

I am 33 years old, married to my lovely wife Saj, and we have a gorgeous 19 month old daughter Alisha. I work for a clutch manufacturing company in Milton Keynes. I am interested in cars (of course!) and am a follower of the mighty reds, Liverpool FC.

What made you choose the GT and how did you find NPOC? You've been a member for a fair while now Tan, nearly three years!!

I first drove a P10 1.6LX back in 1998, and I just loved the way it handled, and it was so comfortable to drive. So I bought my first Primera in 1998, an M reg 2.0d LX. A year later, I bought a P10 2.0 SRi, a few years later I bought a P11 GT, had a few P11 GTs since then, gradually arriving to the P11 GT I have now. And as you know I have had a fair few Primeras in between! I reckon for the money you pay for one, there is not much out there that is as good to drive, plenty of kit, reliable and cheap to run.

I found NPOC years ago by simply searching on the internet for 'Primera'. I think I was one of the first to join up when the club was first started by Kev.

Is this the first car you've modded or do you have a history to speak of?

I have done bits and pieces to previous cars, but I was never really interested in modding. I blame the club for the modding bug LOL.

Let's hear the spec list of your GT!! Can you name your favourite mod for us too?

I haven?t really done a lot to the car, but here goes!

Skyline R34 clear side repeaters
Laguna front splitter
Modified front foglights
17 Inch League Tanto wheels with Falken 215/45/17 tyres
RGM Eyebrows
Red painted calipers
Personalised number plate
'GT' badge on front grille
Custom back box
K&N Induction kit
Kenwood W7031 MP3 headunit
JBL front component speakers
JBL GTO 4000 4 channel amp
Sony Xplod Subwoofer
Centurion DVD player with two 7 inch screens
Nismo neck rests
Baby Seat

My favourite mod (if you can call it that) must be the number plate. The day I put it on, it just changed the look of the car. Plus it was a present from the missus!

Superb, any future plans that you would like to divulge?!

I have a vented bonnet and a meshed front bumper sat in the garage waiting to go on the car. Hopefully they should be on for JAE 2006.

If money were no object, what modification would you most like to make to your car?

I would love more power! I reckon it would have to be a turbo conversion. 300 bhp in a Primera, nice!!

You're a familiar sight at club meets, will 2006 hold a calendar full of meets once again?!

I hope so! I always try to get to as many meets as possible. It's great to see the guys who are such a good bunch.

Congratulations for winning Car of the Month, your GT is a shining example of joy! Please give your shouts and thanks to anyone you wish:

Thanks to everyone that voted for me and thanks to all those in the club who have helped me out over the past few years (you know who you are!)

Car of the Month February 2006 - Tan (GT786) - P11

Written by Stevie-Boy

Post Reply Post Reply