Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > NPOC Car Of The Month > 2005 Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

November 2005 - Neilistic (P11)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Staff
NPOC Staff

COTM Staff

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NPOC_COTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: November 2005 - Neilistic (P11)
    Posted: 16 Jun 2007 at 2:20am

Congratulations go to Neil (Neilistic) for winning Car of the Month for November 2005.

His tremendous P11 SRi is a lesson in how much nicer the P11 can look with some stylish finishing!!

Well done Neil, how does it feel to win Car of the Month?

To be honest it's still not sunk in yet! But I got say I'm really, really proud and honoured to be chosen as a CotM winner for November. I can't keep myself from smiling, it's unbelievable.

Before we discuss the car, tell us a bit about yourself.

Well, I've just recently turned 25 and I'm still single, unfortunately! My best friend Chrissy who I've known since I was 13, hers and my sense of humour is very similar so I wasn't surprised when she asked why I had put an ironing board on the back of my car [my rear wing].

What was it about this car that made you choose it, always a P11 fan?

As many an NPOC member, I watched the BTCC as a kid and the P11 was always in front of the racing so it naturally stuck in the back of my mind. So after my Renault 19 died again the previous week, I went looking online and found a silver Primera at a local dealers, went to see it. I took one look and I fell in love. I just knew it was the car for me!!

Is this the first car you've modded and how did you find NPOC?

Errr no, it's not the first car I have modified. My very first car was a white Vauxhall Astra 1.3 mk2. It received some very nice subtle 15" enzo alloys and all of its pin striping was removed. Then I bought a Renault 19 16v mk1 saloon in Williams Blue, a beautiful car to look at with 17" BK Racing 299 alloys [which I first saw in max power on Andy Batchelor's P11GT], full Mongoose s/s exhaust inc a decat, k&n induction kit, green stuff pads all around, clear repeaters all around too, uprated thermostat and fan switch. Uprated timing sensor was also added. I came across the P11-GT website, I wrote in the guest book just to say I liked what he had done and where could I get performance parts, Kevin Shek wrote back directing me to the NPOC website and I have never looked back.

Ahh that Shek man again!! Do you strive to push the SRi to outdo the GTs on the club?!

The way I see is, it doesn't matter what Primera you have be it P10, P11, or P12, its your car and you can make it as individual as you want and I wanted something that bit different from the rest!

Good man!! Hit us with the spec! Which mod on your car has been the hardest to do and which has been your favourite?

18" Kei Racing force 10 alloys with 5mm spacers [optional 16" P11-144 winter wheels], K&N Induction kit with cold air feed, Magnecor 8mm leads, NGK plugs, Tarox Sport Japan drilled and grooved front disks. Full GT body kit except spoiler, kit compromises of modified and meshed GT front bumper with a lip type splitter also a custom intake vent for the cold air feed. Debadged completely except for one Nissan badge in left front grill. Colour coded bump strips and a matt black aluminium rear wing.

KYB AGX adjustable shocks with 35mm H&R lowering springs. Centre console, dash [recently done] all ashtrays sprayed in Monaco blue metallic. Sony head unit and 10 disc multichanger. Rage custom fitted 4" back box in black chrome.

The most challenging mod was the front bumper, getting the vents right was a trial but definitely my favourite mod I cannot take all the credit for. The bumpers distinctive look, Al [Straczynski] the previous owner of it had cut the cold air feed vent and added the splitter.

The wing and the splitter make for a nice balance, do you have any more changes in the pipe lines?

I have been thinking of a rear diffuser of some sort, tints and a bit more spraying when I can find the funds.

What mod would you do to your car if money were no object?

I have so many ideas for mods, where do I start! I will limit it to 3 mods:

Sr20vet swap, RWD conversion and blend in the rear doors to the bodywork.

Congratulations for winning Car of the Month, your SRi is a fantastic motor and an inspiration to fellow owners. Please give your shouts and thanks to anyone you feel is deserving:

I would first like to say Big Big thank you to my Dad [Graham Overton] for all the hours of work he put in. For the angle grinding the front bumper vents and removing the towbar and fitting the rear bumper. Cheers Dad!!

I wanna thank my local garage to, DELFS of Hempnall for all the help over the years, Richard and the rest of the lads, especially Titch their paint sprayer for all the top jobs he has done on the car so far and for putting up with my crazy idea over the front bumper. Cheers Mate!!

And last but not least the NPOC members themselves, because I'm very proud to be one of you.

Car of the Month November 2005 - Neil (Neilistic) P11 SRi

Written by Stevie-Boy

Post Reply Post Reply